Chapter 45 : Save You

Mirai was starting to loose count of how many times she had fainted. Was is 6? 7? Breathing was so painful she was letting out wheezes instead of breaths and she could tell she was sitting on broken ribs.

''Tell me about the weapons? Where are they fucking hidden?''

''This information is of no use to you... you won't live long enough to use it...'' Mirai threatened, before coughing and spitting out a mix of blood and saliva.

''Why don't you just make this easy on yourself and tell me everything, if that's the case?'' the man grunted while leaning on his bloody baseball bat. He had gotten sick of the whip a while ago because it didn't pull and answer out of Mirai quick enough for him.

''I have this thing called pride... you should try it sometim-''

Mirai's sentence was cut by yet another blow and a resounding crack. She grunted and threw her head back to keep her eyes from watering. Her leg was broken too, this much was for sure, from the corner of her eye, she could see it rested in an awkward angle...

''Where are they?'' the man reiterated.

''Go fucking fuck yourself!'' was Mirai's only reply.

''You're a tough one aren't you? Yvan was right when he told me you can sure take a beating... He told me a lot of things... He also told me the only way he could get you in your place...'' the man threatened.

He let the baseball bat fall down and came closer to Mirai putting a hand on the part of her thigh that was exposed by the slit of the dress and slid his fingers under the fabric.

A chill of disgust ran down Mirai's back, she had planned to wait until the mobster had left the room to make a run for it, but this was where she drew the line.

''I'm giving you one last chance to take your filthy hands off of me...'' Mirai warned the man as his hand crept up her thigh.

''Yvan told me he never got a sound out of you when he hit you... but he said that the first time he forced you in his bed, you were crying like a scared little girl... I wonder if you'll cry again when I have my way with you...''

Mirai's eyes grew wide at the memory and her jaw clenched. Her thin patience had just snapped.

In a quick motion, she slipped her hand out of the half of the cuffs she had managed to pick with her hairpin and she struck the mobster straight in the groin with her free hand.

She took advantage of the second of surprise that gave her to run to the table when the man had multiple knifes and torture tools all laid out. After her second step, her broken leg gave up underneath her weight and she was grabbed by the hair.

She flipped around and jumped at the man's neck, using the chain of her cuffs to try and choke him. His face started to turn red before he pulled a dirty blow on her and stuck her right in her already busted ribs.

The pain was so unbearable that Mirai blacked out for a precious second that allowed him to escape her grasp and pin her to the ground by the neck.

''You're at my mercy, you should be begging for your life. Do you really prefer dying to telling me what I want to hear?'' the man yelled.

''You won't kill me... You said it yourself; you want to break me... If you kill me before that you lose...'' Mirai said in a croaky voice as she quickly pried the pin out of the cuff's lock.

She closed her fist around the small silver shape before she stuck it right in the man's eye with a quick jab.

The man let out a sound of inhumane pain as he grabbed his bloody eye socket.