Chapter 16 - Party Animal

The rest of the week went like shit. I felt like shit, to be specific. After my fall out with Romeo, I couldn't help but feel like I had made a mistake. I mean, for fuck sake it was Romeo. And I had started to fall for him. Maybe I should have just given him another chance. But then again I would have just ended up getting even more hurt. And that time I wouldn't have recovered again. 

When I had walked back into the cafeteria on Monday, all eyes were on me again and curious whispers were going through the room. I probably looked like I was about to cry. I tried my best to hide my emotions and mask them with an angry glare, but anybody who knew me would have seen, how hurt I really was. When I sat back down next to Luke and Amelie, they eyed me with expecting looks. 

"Dude what the fuck was that??" Amelie asked hysterically. 

I looked around, just to see that students were finally going back to minding their own business and enjoying the rest of the lunch break. Then I turned to my food again and just replied with a shrug. All I wanted to do, was forgetting what had just happened. Just forgetting Romeo all together. He hadn't followed me, he hadn't gone to get himself some food. But fuck him! Even if he felt a little bad right now, he deserved it. He really had it coming. Who cheats has to live with the consequences, right? 

"Come on, don't give me that bullshit! What did you guys talk about?" Amelie nagged again. They really couldn't let this slide, could they? Time to pull out another lie. I hated how much I had to lie to them. Especially about this. 

"Nothing. We just had a little stupid argument, about how I wouldn't talk to him about my little meltdown. He said it was unfair, cause we are friends and all that. I told him to let it go, but he wouldn't" I said. So, this was the lie I was going with? Well, not to bad and at least he also seemed like an ass in this scenario. 

"What the hell?? If he's your friend, he should respect your privacy!" Luke exclaimed and Amelie nodded in agreement. 

I just shrugged it off. I didn't want to gossip with them about Romeo. Yeah, I was mad as fuck at him, but still, I had a soft spot for that asshole. And right now, he was the last thing I wanted to talk about. 

Later that day, when Cody and I drove back home and he asked me about the incident in the cafeteria, I bluntly told him the same lie I had told Amelie and Luke before. And, oh boy, was he mad at his best friend. To be fair, my lie really didn't make Romeo seem any less of a jerk than he actually was. I kind of felt guilty, but to be honest, the truth didn't make him seem any better. If anything, Cody would have probably pulled the car right over and went to beat the shit out of him, if I had told him what really happened. If he would accept it, of course. But I didn't want to think about that. There was nothing to accept anymore, so I shook the thought off. 

"What the hell?? Blake, why didn't you tell me? If he's pressuring you to tell him about your past, that is not ok! I am going to have a talk with him about that" Cody said, gripping the steering wheel angrily. 

Oh shit no no. If he confronted Romeo about it, it would all blow up in my face. Either Romeo would get really mad at me, for making that bullshit up, or he would somehow reveal the truth. By accident or intentionally. I had to think quick, so things wouldn't escalate anymore than they already did. 

"Uh no need. I took care of it. I told him, it was personal and that we were friends, but only for a few weeks and I still didn't want to talk about my issues. I told him, if he really wanted to be my friend, that he had to respect that. He apologized and all, saying that he only cared and that he was worried. So its all cool now Cody, don't worry" I lied. Damn and again Romeo seemed like a good guy. That wasn't my intention, but it was damage control.