Chapter 58

Daniel

The howls of rogues in the distance was enough to shake off the longing her howl had forced onto us, and it helped me regain my feet as I brushed the sand from my pants. "Well that's gonna suck when they show up." Gavin groaned out behind me. "Let them come and try their luck, we can rip the rogue b****ards apart." Beck snarled, of vourse he'd be itching for the battle. "They might take a while though, this territory belongs to a strong pack and anyone passing through or in the general area would know that." Colton reasoned slowly.

 "True but either way we have another matter to attend to, anyone want to volunteer as bait for the hormonally ticked off alpha female?" Emmett chuckled. "Enough Emmett we will all be going to check on Sidney together and we will control ourselves, otherwise you can deal with me directly, any problems with that?" Bowen commanded to our quick head shakes as we followed his lead into the house and up the stairs. "Geez." Simon stopped a few steps ahead of me as he shuddered where he stood. I was about to ask him what was wrong when the scent hit me and stole every bit of air from my lungs.

 I could see the three mutts guarding the door down the hall and it took me a while to shake off the hazy feeling from the effect of her delicious scent in the air, only to realize the effects it had on a certain part of everyone. "Well now we know why she hides her scent." Micah choked out dryly as he tried to adjust his jeans slightly in discomfort. I eyed the growling mutts and inched my way closer to the bathroom door, stopping before I came too close and they decided to maul me. "Um, Sid are you okay in there?" I called to the closed door as Tyson snarled at me with his hair raised high on his back.

 "Peachy, now get lost Danny Boy before I do something we'll all regret later." Her growl was low and warning as her link hissed through our minds. "Sid I need to see that you're alright." Simon had inched up beside me as he looked between the mutts and the door. "So not a good idea!" She barked through the link at us. "Well too bad Sidney Blake, we're not going anywhere!" Bowen snapped as he breezed past the mutt guards and kicked the door open. I had to admit I feared for Tyson's life and ours when the mutt sunk his teeth into Bowen's leg, but then all I could focus on was a very angry and sweet smelling she wolf staring all of us down.

                                                   Bowen

I knew the moment the barrier was gone between us and her that I had just made a big mistake, and the alluring scent of her heat only got stronger. I really didn't care about the pain in my calf from the protective mutt, and despite being unable to focus I was able to shake him off without hurting him, no need to anger the female more. She was poised and ready to attack, her muscles tensing as she eyed us wearily with a low growl, ready to defend herself. I was so turned on from the fresh wave of her scent that I had frozen in place, but the mutts didn't waste time rushing to her side now that the door was gone. 

Tyson placed himself between me and Sidney, Ollie took up a spot on her left and continued growling at all of us, meanwhile Spartan decided to stick his nose where it didn't belong and that seemed to snap some sense into both of us. In a second Sid had turned on the wolf dog with a snarl and given him a nip that had him yelping as he reeled away from her tail with a sore nose, I snorted in amusement as she turned her bared teeth back at me. "Not funny." She snapped and I held my hands up in a placating gesture, her tense posture relaxed ever so slightly. "Are you really okay Sidney?" Simon squeezed in beside me in his doctor roll despite his own issue involving annoyingly tight pants.