Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

Chapter 58

Severance made his way across the small garden. The serenity and beauty of the place had been completely ruined in a few short minutes. The blue basin at the base of the fountain had been cracked, and now the water it held leaked onto the stones, creating a shallow puddle that grew red when it reached the prone figure of a dying man.

It was a Champion, so he stopped and knelt. Water soaked into the knee of his pants, but Severance paid it little mind. He waved his war fan gently over the Champion, murmuring, "Mend."

The Champion's eyes fluttered then opened, but Severance was already peering across the garden. A lot of the fighting had ended already, but there still were a few clusters of fighting. Ironhide was still battling the Knight Sessh, although it may have been more accurate to say he was simply enduring a tirade of fierce attacks.

Severance returned his attention back to the Champion, who looked about ready to try and get up. "Mend. Just wait a bit. Let me finish healing you."

The Champion sat up, but didn't try to move any further. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"You're not from the Champions," the warrior observed. "Or the Chosen, otherwise you'd be trying to kill me rather than healing me."

"Mend. No, I'm neither. I came to help my friend."

Speaking of, where was the Shade? Severance could see in the party list that Awesome Dude was doing all right, but he'd lost track of him in the chaos. Well, as long as his friend was alive, that was the main thing.

The Champion watched him closely. "Which friend?"

"He goes by Awesome Dude," Severance answered, though he felt a little awkward saying it. As far as names went, it was, well, a little goofy.

The Champion immediately cracked a smile. "Him? I know him. He's a good sort. A little reckless, maybe, but he'll learn."

Severance thought the Champion was being a little too optimistic with that last bit, but it was good to see that his friend had made a positive impression on the Eternal Champions.

"Mend," he said. The gentle breeze danced between them. The Champion was looking a lot better now, so Severance rose. "Is that good? Or do you need more?"

"That's good. Thanks for the help." The Champion got to his feet, and bent down to retrieve his weapon, which was a long, slender sword.

"Yeah, no problem. I'll see who else needs help."

Severance moved on, searching for the other members of his party. There was no sign of the original three Chosen that had started the fight, but he did spot Awesome Dude across the garden. He was with Siegfried, and the two of them were handling a Chosen fellow who was heavily armored. Both were roughly around half of their health, but they weren't taken much damage, so Severance left them be.

Saffron needed Reviving first.

He stepped over one fallen Chosen before shying away from a fierce fight between two players, one from either clan. Both were flinging ice at each other with wild abandon, creating a frigid, snowy mist that swirled about them.

"Here," a clear voice called out.

Severance turned, a deep furrow creasing his brow. A young Eternal Champion player sat on the ground, one hand pressed firmly against her gut. Blood seeped through her fingers, yet her face was the very picture of calm. Beside her lay an Elionan of the same clan, yet he curled up on his side, clutching a stump of a leg. His hands and the ground beneath him was stained red. His breath came in wheezing gasps.