3

I woke up as sore as ever the next morning. My neck had a crick in it and my muscles felt like they had been run over by a train a few dozen times. My sore and achy muscles weren't the most annoying things about this morning though. That prize would have to go to whatever was rudely shoving my shoulder.

At first, I let the thing keep doing what it was doing since I really didn't feel like getting up right now but soon the shoving became harder and harder until I was fed up with it.

With my eyes still closed, I shot my hand out to grab the wrist of the person shoving me before jumping up and slamming the person down onto the table as I pulled their arm behind their back.

My eyes finally open wide enough to see who I've slammed against the table and I only smile at the cop who threatened to release the dog on me last night.

"God, I wish I had a pair of hand cuffs right now." I say honestly before letting the guy go. "Why are you here?"

"Taking you and the other delinquents to Camp New Life." I couldn't help but cringe at the word he used to describe my friends and I but my brain was focused on the last part of his sentence.

'Camp New Life', they desperately needed a name change for that.

"Where's Patrick?" I ask skeptically when I remember he said Patrick would be taking me.

"He had to run out for something so I'm taking you instead." He said as he reached for his handcuffs making me jump back a bit. "Come on kid, don't make this more difficult than it has to be."

"Don't cuff me and I won't be difficult."

"For some reason I seriously doubt that." He said as he walked forward, aiming for my wrists. Instead of jumping back again I push his shoulders away making him mad.

A scowl comes onto his face as he lunges for me and tackles me to the ground. I growl before kneeing the guy in the stomach as I make him roll off my chest.

As I climbed on top of the man the door opened and just as my hand was about to collide with the man's face something wrapped around my stomach and pulled me off him.

My chest felt hollow as instincts that had been drilled into my head kicked in.

My arm thrusts back quickly as I'm being hauled away, hitting the person carrying me in the stomach but he doesn't let me go.

I begin to thrash around hoping to be released but the man only holds on tighter. He's saying something but the words don't reach my ears as I bring my elbow up and let it hit him in the face.

This time he drops me to the ground. I land easily before all but running to a random corner, knowing that's the safest place in the room.

With my back in the corner, I take a look around the small room I fell asleep in. The mean guard from last night looked pissed while one I've never seen before looked baffled.

My hands lifted up to my temples as I waited for their next move.

The new cop took a hesitant step forward causing me to shift all of my attention to him. I could tell he was scared as he slowly walked forward.

We all three jump when the door slammed open and Patrick rushed inside with a worried look on his face. I wanted to lower my guard with him in the room but it was like I wasn't in control anymore, it was just my instincts ready to kill anything that came too close.

"Jax, what's going on?" Patrick asked as he slowly walked closer with his hands up like I was some sort of rabid animal.

I said nothing as I turn my attention to the guy from last night. He had begun inching toward me and together they were slowly trapping me in the corner.