Chapter 29

Ellie

Billie's POV

"Makenna you don't understand she's been acting weird since she got a phone call after our date on Saturday night and keeps denying it. Then this morning insisted that she had to come to school early with you for a project, which I know for damn sure she's lying about"

"Oh what she told me you couldn't take her today. But Billie I'm sure it's nothing, Ellie probably isn't in a good mood, maybe she's pmsing"

"No she's due for that next week"

"Maybe it's a week early then" Mak sighed.

"Nope it's like clockwork the end of every month she gets her period, I know because I have to comfort her. She gets so clingy and when she's not clinging onto me she's damning me to hell" I laugh remembering the time I bought her normal m&m's and not the crunchy ones, Eleanor got so mad and tried stuffing them into my mouth until I yelled at her to stop and reminded her I was vegan.

"Well do you want me to ask her about it?" she looked at Eleanor who was sleeping on the desk two tables across in study.

"Obviously Makenna" I gave her a 'duh' look "why else would I be complaining about her to you. I'm scared she thinks I'm snooping and is being cold about it. So if she brings it up tell her I assured you I have been a good girl and only snooped around Fin's room for more presents"

"I'm not even going to ask" Mak groaned and got up anyway "you owe me Eilish" she pointed a manicured finger in my face and made her way over to Eleanor.

Opening up a random textbook I hid my face behind it to make sure she couldn't tell I was watching. About five minutes into the conversation Eleanor looked over in my direction and we made eye contact before I ducked my head down. Squeezing my eyes shut, I hoped she didn't notice it was me-

"Billie what are you doing?" Eleanor asked and I opened an eye to look at her staring down at me with her arms crossed, an unamused look on her pretty face.

"Just uh ready about..." damn what textbook did I even pick up "Newton's Law... apparently" I mumbled, realising I picked up a physics textbook.

"You don't even take physics idiot"

"Well I do!" Makenna took her textbook off me "and I have an quiz in the next class, so I'll leave you two to sort out whatever is going on" and with that Mak darted out of study hall, her heels clicking on the tiles as she did.

"And what is going on?" Eleanor asked and sat in the chair across from me.

"You tell me E! Every time I ask if you're okay I get a 'I'm fine' and when I ask who called you after date night you change the subject. And I can tell you're stressed and didn't sleep last night, I could feel you tossing and turning"