C H A P T E R 4

~
Sometimes, first impressions aren't everything.
~

Honey brown eyes, chocolate brown hair, all complimented by his muscular frame. He had the features of an average male, yet to Y/n seemed strange, almost abnormal.

"The name's Tim."

"Y/n." He let go of her hand, and the shorter/taller female stuffed it back into her pocket. A weird aura surrounded the two. Y/n found the silence only as awkward, with none of them having to say anything to the other. Masky, though, was taking in her features and studying her closely.

"I should get going now. Uh, thanks for everything." She waved off and pushed past him, heading for the store she wanted to go to. Masky quickly grabbed her arm. Y/n turned back and gave him an annoyed look.

'Note to self: She doesn't like being touched.'

"I was going to ______ for something to eat. Do you...want to join?"

'Why the fuck did that last sentence seem so sexual? It sounded like he was inviting me to an orgy or some shit.' Y/n gave a light chuckle to herself that only she could hear. She then gave a subconscious answer that not even she knew what she said.

"Great. let's go." He dragged her away from the spot and to _____. Y/n was annoyed, to say the least. She was getting pulled around by some random man who, for all she could know, be a stalker or murderer. Masky was feeling no different. Having to deal with a human because he messed up the first time trying to kill her was irritating to him, to say the least.

The pair found a table and sat down, looking through the menu in silence. The female contemplated making conversation but despited against it because he was the one who dragged her here, after all.

Ding!

Y/n grabbed her phone and unlocked it to see the notification. It was Armelle who sent a photo. The photo? She and the friend Armelle ditched her for. Y/n scoffed.

"My 'friend' sent a picture of her and her other friend. Y'know, the one she decided to go with and ditch me despite inviting me." She told Masky, making finger quotation marks around the word friend.

"Well, that's a shitty friend." He responded, handing the waitress his menu.

"I know! It's so fucking annoying because I knew I shouldn't have come. This is the exact reason why I don't go places with friends." She sat back down and eyed a table that was looking at her weirdly. The male tried his best not to laugh at her stupidity.

"Sorry for embarrassing you. Where is our food?"

"Still coming. Service is low because of a 'lack of employees.'" Y/n chuckled a bit as she finally received her food. The waitress definitely heard them, and it was going to piss her off.

"Spicy food, huh?"

"Yeah, I don't like to eat bland food. Actually, this one time, my dad wanted to eat spicy food, but the restaurant wasn't serving that kind of food. So he asked the waiter for tons of jalapenos. It was kind of weird because it felt like he had no food but was only eating jalapenos."

"Your dad seems like quite the man."

"Ah, he died a long time ago."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Masky tried to feign sorrow the best he could. He already knew her dad was dead. He also knew that her whole family was deceased, yet he couldn't seem to give two fucks.

"Oh shit, I have to go. It was nice hanging out with you. Bye-"

"Here's my number. Call me sometime, alright?" He quickly scribbled down his number on a piece of napkin and handed it to her. Y/n hesitated for a minute but then took it and stuffed it into her pocket, and waved him goodbye. Masky watched as she walked out, then groaned in annoyance.

"I hate this shit."

~

He walked inside the mansion and immediately went into his room, not trying to talk with anyone. He had already gotten his daily dose of human interaction for the week.

Walking into the Proxy Hall, he noticed a new door. It was vacant and had no design, unlike most of the bedroom doors in the mansion. The Pastas usually did this, so it was easier to navigate through rooms. Jeff's door had been carved with the words 'Go To Sleep.' BEN's had a game controller with electric bolts around it. Clockwork's a clock, Toby's the proxy symbol but, the 'x' was two hatchets.

Masky's didn't have a design on his door. He never found the time or the need to really. Because, according to him, how the fuck was he, of all people, going to forget where his room is?

What was he doing? Oh, right, the new room. Why was it here? It was the Proxy Hall, and it didn't seem like Toby or Hoodie needed a room for anything. The only possible explanation was that-

"I see y-you found the new room." Toby came up behind him. Masky rolled his eyes.

"What do you want, Rogers."

"I just wanted to have a conversation. A-and stop calling me that!" Toby gave a slight pout, and Masky closed the door to his room. Toby wasn't his friend. He was only just a coworker. For that matter, he didn't consider anyone his friend. Maybe Hoodie, but there is still that resentment Hoodie feels toward Masky for killing him and leaving him to die.

. . .

This chapter is kind of short but I like how it turned out! I don't have anything much to say so see you all next chapter. Bye Clouds! Edited

-Blxrrii