Chapter Nine

I hadn't left my room in days. And according to Verity, Haven and Faith, neither had Maddox. Everything hurt, but my heart more than anything. They said it was because of the mate bond, the bond between Maddox and I that I had been too terrified to acknowledge. Maddox felt it too apparently, the pain in my head and my heart, but he felt it worse, worse than I could ever imagine. Elliot, Dakota and Cassius had been trying to get him to do something, but he refused to come out of his bedroom.

Thankfully, Zina, Peyton and Callie were yet to make an appearance. Something that I could only hope would last.

Maddox had been asking for me, begging Elliot to ask if he could just talk to me for a moment. Though I had heard that through Haven, who had been cleaning Zina and Elliot's room at the time. 

I cursed myself, I had probably messed up so badly. At not one point was Maddox anything other than the kindest person I had ever met. And yet, the only thing I could see when I looked at him was his wolf, the wolf I hadn't even seen him shift into yet!

I took a breath. I should go and apologise. Mates were happy together, I had never heard of two wolves that didn't love each other endlessly. There was nothing stopping us from trying, well there was, me. But that didn't matter, if we set up some rules and maybe tried this relationship like the humans did it could work.

And if that doesn't work, then I should at least talk to him. Just apologise and tell him that I didn't mean what I said.

At least, most of it.

Yes, that's what I'm going to do. I got up out of the bed and walked over to the door, That's when I heard something, I paused,

"You heard what Maddox said she said! She doesn't want to talk to us,"

"Maybe it's because they were boys, us girls shouldn't scare her as much."

"Next time I say something, maybe you should all listen to me!"

"Just knock on the door for goddess's sake!"

I sighed. Of course.

I pushed on the door to reveal three, arguing wolves. They noticed me immediately, whatever they were arguing about ceased.

"Hey, Elora!" Zina started cheerfully, "We were just going to have some girl time you know! Have something to eat and have a chat! We were wondering if you wanted to join us?"

All three of them were staring at me hopefully, "Um, sure," I muttered,

"Great! We thought for sure you were going to say no! Come with us," Callie exclaimed, grabbing onto my arm started dragging me away.

What is it with these wolves and dragging me places?

We went through a part of the castle I had not yet seen, and out into the gardens. Not the gardens that I had seen when I first arrived at the castle, no these were different. A large, white gazebo was in the centre. Surrounding it was fields of endless, colourful flowers. Within the flowers were fountains and statues of howling wolves. One statue, in particular, caught my eye. It was of a tall, slender woman. Her stone dress fell off the pedestal she was standing on. Her hair had somehow been carved flying, a large crown sat on her head, its design, unlike anything I had ever seen. In her hands was a moon. It was gorgeous.

"That's the Moon Goddess," Callie whispered, "Come on, we're sitting in the gazebo."

I followed her up, inside the gazebo was a table in the middle and two lounges. Callie, Zina and Peyton sat on one, leaving the other lounge completely empty for me. I nervously sat down, leaning my arm over the edge.