Day of Surprises

Danny and Jamie in the picture! Enjoy the read!

I rushed out the house and called Damon. The phone rang and rang but no answer. I cursed loudly and ran all the way to Danny’s house. I didn’t want to risk waking up the whole house so instead of calling Damon I called Danny. Within seconds he answer. “Hello?” He said in his sleepy voice.

                “Danny. It’s me Jamie.” I say quietly. I wrap my arms around myself because it’s a little chilly.

                “Jamie? What’s going on? What happened?” He asked worriedly.

                “I’m outside. Can you come downstairs?”

                “I’ll be right out.” The call ends and I wait at the door. I hear tussling on the other side and then the door opens. I see a crazy haired Danny in boxers and a t-shirt. I laugh at his adorable sleepy boy appearance. “Oh shush.” He says, ushering me in. “What are you doing here so late?”

                “I was wondering if Damon is home.”

                Danny’s face sinks more as I mention Damon’s name. “Ugh-it’s Friday…which means him and the guys have this sleep over thing at the warehouse.” He tells me.

                “Oh thank you! Good night.” I turn around to leave to get my car.

                “Woah! You’re not going to drive out there alone this late at night.” Danny shakes his head. “Let me get some pants.” I chuckle a bit and nod. Minutes later he’s clothed and has his car keys. We walk outside and he closes the door behind us. I hear something fall and I snap my head to look around. He unlocks the car and I hop in the passenger seat. He pulls out the driveway and we’re off. “So why the urge to go out there at this time?” He asks.

                “Um, I’m worried Stephan is hurt.”

                “Why would you be worried?”

                “Just a feeling I don’t know.” I shrug. We are almost there since there is no traffic.

                “That’s a strange feeling to have at this time of night.”

                “I received some texts also.” I throwback. “How do you know where the warehouse is?”

                “Who doesn’t?” He darkly chuckles.

                “Why is it you don’t hang out with him and his friends?” Danny was well aware of everything they did, their routines, where they hung out, and he had no real issues with them like Trevor. So why is he not with Damon’s group of friends?

                “Loyal to my original friends. Those are my brothers. More brothers than I would look to Damon as.” He sighed. I frowned and eyed Danny. He looked tired and stressed. Hair stuck to his face and his skin looked so colorless.