'High' Expectations.

(Noah/Abel's POV)

I've been sitting in the same spot on my bed for well over an hour, just waiting for her to text or call. I really fucked up, she's not going to call or text me, she's fucking pissed. I don't blame her though, it was a real dick move sleeping with Juliette. Amara has every right to be mad.

"I liked you and you slept with my cousin." Her words are stuck on my mind on repeat.

My fists and jaw clench when I remember what her face looked like when she told me. Her eyes filled with tears as she confessed her feelings for me. I can't imagine what that must be like, hearing the person you like sleeping with someone close to you. If the roles were reversed and she slept with Matt, I would lose my shit. I think I'd probably kill him if he ever touches Amara the way I have. I'd kill anyone that touches Amara the way I have and I finally know why. I like the girl... I haven't liked anyone the way I like her in a long time.

The sound of my doorbell, that no one has ever used! Brings me back to reality. Huffing, I get to my feet and march down stairs.

When I swing the door open, I find Matt standing alone on my porch.

"What the hell? Why are you here?" I snap at my look alike.

"I came to see if you wanted to drink." He shrugs holding up a familiar bottle of Tequila.

"Is that Amara's?" I cock a brow. He was at Amara's?... Why does that make me feel so, I don't know the word... Upset? I guess.

"Yeah, or it was." He laughs awkwardly. "She's trying to quit drinking."

"I didn't know that." I accidentally mumbled out loud.

"Well, she just told me." Eyeing me up and down, he snorts. "You look like shit my friend."

Narrowing my eyes at him, I scoff. "Get the fuck inside." I rush as I turn my back.

"So what did you do?" He asks as we both sit on the couch.

"Why would I tell you?"

"I'm kinda the only person you can talk to about this, unless you want to call the boss and tell her you fell in love with the target."

I nearly jump out of my skin at the mention of love. "It's definitely not love." I hold up my hand.

"Ah, what do you know? You've never been in love before." He rolls his eyes and takes a swig of the tequila.

"Are you in love with her?" I asks once the bottle is in my hands. I pray that he's not.

"No." He laughs lightly. "I hardly know her were as, you're around each other all the time."

"That doesn't mean I know anything about her." I pass the bottle back.

"But you do."

I go silent, allowing my brain to focus on Amara. Her beautiful, thick brown hair goes so well with her emerald, forest green eyes. God I can't believe those dresses she wore today, both of them looked so good on her.

"Noah." Matt snaps his fingers in my face.

"What?" I hiss, batting his hand away.

What did you do?" He raises a brow at me.

"I slept with her cousin." I shrug it off like it's nothing but, I hate how hurt she is over this. "I'm assuming you were over there?"

"You slept with her cousin?" Matt snaps, setting the bottle down on the table.

"Yeah."

"Did you apologize? How did she find out?"

Scratching the back of my neck, I huff. Should I even tell him anything? He could use it all agaisnt me to get close to her.

"Why do you want to know?" I snapped grabbing the bottle off the table.

"Just curious. Why would you sleep with her cousin?"

Shrugging, I take a swig of the tequila. "Because at the time I still liked curvy blondes." I sigh.

I liked curvy blondes, then after spending some time with Amara I found a liking to brunettes, now I don't look at any women besides her.

"So you don't like blondes anymore?" Matt stands from the couch and stretches.

"That's the thing, I can't pick up any woman anymore without feeling guilty." I run my hands through my hair and tug at the roots. "I tried just the other day, I had to close my eyes to get hard."

"Too much information." Matt's voice trails off as I continue.

"Then." I laugh sarcastically. "Instead of keeping my mouth shut like I always do, I called the woman by her name."

"By the woman's name?" He gives me a confused look.

Knotting my brows together, I tilt my head and stare at him. "No, dumbass. I called the woman Amara."

"You're not suppose to fall in love with the target, Noah!" He yells.

"Again, not love." I pull on my bread and suddenly an idea pops in my head. "I bet if I slept with her, this would all go away." The idea seems genius enough to me.

"No, that's not how feelings work." He speaks slowly as if it's hard for me to understand him. "You like her, sleeping with her will probably only make you like her more."

I have to do something, I can't just like her. It could ruin everything for me. This could be my last mission, I want the prize at the end of this thing. I deserve after all these years.

I don't even know what I would do if I was free from this shit hole job.

"I need to get going." Matt peeks out my window and makes a weird noise. "Boy, you aren't gonna like this." He points out the window with his thumb and looks me dead in the eye. "You really pissed her off."

A sudden rush of worry washes over my and has me at my feet. Marching over to the window, I find Amara getting in the back of Erick's red car.