One. Enter Wei Wuxian!

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the Mo Dao Zu Shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation) world, which is trademarked by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu (Chinese: 墨香铜臭).

Both the main characters, Lan Wangji & Wei Wuxian, and the original characters from the novel are characters created and owned by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. I do not own any ownership over them or the world of MDZS.

Any succeeding original characters created solely for this fanfiction have no relation to the canon world of MDZS. Any story and situation created are not in any related to original MDZS – and are a work of my imagination. I do not profit from the creation of this fanfiction,

Picture credit to rightful owner.

_________________________________________________________

retrouvaille (n.) rediscovery; the joy of reuniting with someone after a long separation.

Wei Wuxian wasn't really hoping for any luck to strike twice one after another. But one can only hope. It was lucky for him to be accepted to Jinlin University, a prestigious All-Boy university, upon his first application and first interview. It was surreal to get a letter of acceptance that he even asked his seniors at his university to check the letter a hundred times. Even all his seniors, who are more capable and experienced, all failed to enter Jinlin University.

It was not only Wei Wuxian's first choice of university to teach, it will also be his first teaching job. This is luck!

So, even if he wheels his belongings through a long path walk from the main gate where the taxi had pulled over, under the heavy rain, it is all okay with him. He is going to teach in his first choice of university as his first time, nothing can possibly ruin it for him. Nothing.

"Why is this place so big? And dark!" Wei Wuxian grumbled, halting for a moment to take his spectacles off and secure it to his breast pocket. It's useless anyway. His glasses are covered with the rain, the more that he can't see the road.

He started walking again. He's completely drenched. He probably looked like a wet cat in the gutter right now. He is not even halfway to the main building of the school. He can only see it from afar.

"You can do it, Wei Wuxian!" He cheered for himself as he walked furthermore.

Suddenly, he heard a loud sound of tires screeching against wet asphalt. Then the blaring intensity of bright headlights peeking through the curves of the road. Before Wei Wuxian could turn around for mere curiosity, the vehicle is already behind him, surprising the hell out of him as he threw himself to the side of the road in fear of getting ran over.

"Ah!" He gasped as he hit the gutter. And off the vehicle, which as he could still see from the disappearing form was a motorbike – no, a race motorbike to be more specific. "What the hell is a race motorbike doing in this kind of school?" He glared but then again, of course, this is a prestigious school. It is only expected that students engage in expensive hobbies such as killing themselves, a.k.a motorcycle racing.

Huffing, he pulled himself up as he continued his pitiful journey to his future dream job. It would have been perfect if it wasn't raining. Just a little bit more.

Once again, he started walking.

He noticed not long after that there is a car coming in sight, but he didn't pay much attention to it as he moved aside. Only this time, the vehicle stopped slowly. He looked around just in case the car was mistaken, but one of the doors opened, an umbrella opened wide to reveal quite a tall, beautiful looking man dressed in a complete white three-piece suit.