47. Baby Shower Shenanigans Part 2

Ashanti's POV

We made our way back downstairs without too many people noticing our disappearance.

Lamonte and I walked to the front of the party where all the gifts were placed and started our speech.

He clinked a fork against the champagne glass as everyone began to quiet down and their attention was focused on us.

"Hello, everyone. I want to thank you all so much for coming and for all of the gifts you bought. Even though, it was not necessary since Lamonte bought out a whole mall for this baby," I joked as everyone laughed.

I took a hold of his hand as I continued, "We are so excited for our baby, and we are glad you all decided to celebrate with us."

"I couldn't be happier having a baby with this amazing woman, I ask God every day what I did to deserve her," he paused kissing my forehead sweetly.

"She is going to be a wonderful mother and I can only hope I could be a fraction as good as she is going to be with our child," he spoke proudly as he stared intently at me.

I love you, I mouthed towards him.

He captured my lips as there were cheers and hollers from the crowd.

I pulled away and yelled, "Enough of the sappy shit. Let's party!"

I took a sip of champagne from Lamonte's glass just to celebrate the occasion.

"Hey, lil mama."

I know that voice.

That's a voice I used to adore, a voice I had gotten used to, a voice that I knew all too well.

Trey.

I gave him a warm embrace, taking in his intoxicating scent.

"You've gotten so big, in a good way," he says with a chuckle as he placed a hand on my round belly.

Just then, I felt Lamonte pressed up against my back as his tall frame towered over me.

I could feel how slow his heart rate became and I was afraid that things were about to pop off. I turned around to face Lamonte as I whispered, "Please don't make a scene."

He calmed down and backed up a little, but I could still feel his stare fixated on Trey and I.

"It's so nice to see you again. How have you been?," I asked with a smile, genuinely interested in his well-being.

I broke his heart after all.

Unexpectedly, this tall, petite, lightskin woman appeared next to him and began sucking off his face.

I guess I spoke too soon...

I was shocked to say the least, but I managed to hold my composure together.

Their make out session continued for a minute or two until I cleared my throat and interrupted them.

The tall woman snapped her head in my direction in arrogance as if she was annoyed by my presence.

She rolled her eyes at me and I swear to god, I wanted to slap the attitude outta her.

"Who's your friend, babe?," she asked eyeing me up and down in disgust.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from starting anything. Probably sensing my turmoil, Lamonte came behind me and rubbed my back soothingly. He nuzzled into my neck and nibbled on my ear, "Breathe, baby."

I turned my attention back on this bright ass bitch to see her giving Lamonte googly eyes.

Trey looked at the drama unfold and I saw him holding in his laughter.