Chapter 22

KABIR

"What?" Did I hear her right?

"K-I-S-S-S M-E-E. " She spells out with her drooping eyes.

"No." I hate saying that to her. It's very difficult to say her 'no'. Instantly my eyes shift to her full lips. I can imagine them being soft just by looking at them.

"Am I not attractive?" She says with a sad look on her face.

"Argh..." I face palm myself and Aditi stands before me looking at me. I take a step closer to her and cup her cheeks. Our foreheads rest on each other's and letting out a deep breath I look at her. For a moment my eyes travel back to her lips but them back to that black eyes. Our eyes meet and say, "Never. Never underestimate yourself. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met Aditi." I truly mean that. Her simplicity is the most beautiful aspect of her.

"So you will kiss me?" She says with hope in her eyes. 

My eyes land on her alluring pink lips. How would they taste? "What are you thinking?" I hear Aditi asking me and instantly I reply, "You have no idea what I am thinking. What I want to do."

 Letting out a sigh I continue, "But not today." She isn't sober and I know it's not right. I let my hands off of her and immediately she walks slight off-balance to my book shelf behind me. I brush my hand through my hair and pick up the clothes that had fallen on the floor. When I Stand to my full length I see Aditi Fiddling with something on my table beside the shelf.

I can't believe I said things at her face. Thank heavens she is high. Its 1:10 am as I look at my wrist watch. Rubbing my eyes I walk up to where Aditi stands. The moment I reach her I find her writing something on a piece of paper torn from some notebook. With crooked writing she writes , 'KISSS ME' and with a hyphen undersigns it as – 'A'

Turning to me she slides the page and pen towards me. "Promise me that you will.....kiss me."She says with excitement in her voice. I smile and write below her words 'I PROMISE' and undersign it in the same way as- 'K'.

"I will change now!" She says with a beam and taking the clothes from my hand walks to the balcony. "There." I point at towards the washroom and following my direction she enters the washroom. 

"I am not closing it!" She yells leaving the washroom door ajar and I smile hearing it. Looking back at the paper on the table I pick it up and keep it in my table drawer. What is happening with me? I have to admit it to myself that I like being around Aditi. How can I think things of such intimacy regarding Aditi? 

"Can we sleep now?" I hear Aditi's voice. 

Turning around I see her only in my white t-shirt. Raising an eyebrow I watch how the dress reaches her mid thigh and bounce slightly as she hops to the bed. 

 "Hey that's my side." I speak up instantly as she sits on the side to the door of the bed. Our eyes meet and I continue, "Well you sleep on the bed I will sleep on the floor."

"Why would you? Come take your place." She says calmly and shifts to the other side of the bed. I think about the offer when she continues, " You like to sleep on this side?"

"Um... yes I get to sleep just on the left of the bed. I don't like anything on my left so..." I say softly. No one actually knows that thing! How come I am telling her? Without another word I walk through the double doors to the washroom and change into my night pants and wear my grey batman t-shirt. I don't like wearing a t-shirt and sleeping but Aditi is in the same room and she would not be comfortable seeing me nude.

 I laugh to myself imagining her reaction. She would try avoiding looking at me but would surely gape at my body. Shaking my head I walk out to the room and find her sleeping at peace. Silently I walk to her and find her sleeping without the blanket. Pulling up the sheets over her bare legs, she mummers something. I wait for few seconds and hear her say, "My head aches"

Quickly I adjust the temperature of the air condition and walk to my bed side. Softly I climb on the bed trying my level best not to disturb her sleep. Sitting beside her I switch off the table lamps and the moon light illuminates the room. I place my hands on her forehead and massage gently. A peaceful smile plays on her face. I can't believe I still looking at her like a love struck boy.

When I know the truth that love does not exists why have I to think that she means something to me? When everything was so normal,no one loved me; no one cared why destiny had to bring her in life. Why her? Every now and then she tries to break the shell I had built to keep people out of my life. Why looking at her I feel that I can trust people,I can believe that someone actually cares about me. Why does she make me happy?

My t-shirt sticks to my torso which irritates me so I take my t-shirt off. I try to throw my t shirt on the table on the right of the room but it lands on the floor. Seeing at Aditi for the last time and clicking her picture from my phone, I smile looking at her calm face and sleep overtakes me.