The Ring

AISHA

"It's getting dark." He pulls his hand from under mine and the awkwardness returns back to the table.

The waitress brought us the bill and quickly I started shuffling through my bag for my wallet.

"It's okay. I have already paid."

"No. I have to pay." I say. That actually came out as a nervous voice not a demanding one! Dammit Aisha!

"Its okay as it is I am your fiancé." Oh God I can't believe he just said that so easily! Nevertheless I can't believe this handsome man was my fiancé! Fake but still I could not believe my stars. That's it I can't talk about him like that. For God sake Aisha its the first day I met him. I don't want complications in the deal.

"Hey we need to get a ring." I say as we get up to walk out of the cafe.

"Yeah.... Its not too late. Do want to go and shop for one now?"

"Uh? Ring?"

"Yeah Darling!"

"Don't you...." I couldn't complete my sentence when I felt his large hands intertwine into mine. Soon I was pushed into the passenger seat of his expensive car. I saw him walk around to get into the driver's seat. Once inside he started the engine and drove out of the cafe premises. I looked dumbfounded at the hand he had held earlier. Shaking my head from the dumb acts I was putting up I looked out of the window. There we were standing stuck in a traffic. The sky was turning pink as the sun was slowly setting.

"We need to put up a good act if we want people around us to believe us."

"Yes. I think we should have some rules included in the deal."

"Like?" He looks at me for a brief second and then back to the road as the cars ahead starts moving once again.

"Um.... like not to tell another soul."

"Fine, So you cant tell your best friend even with whom you live."

"Yeah...And No hooking up or flirting with others."

"Are you the jealous type Darling!" He says with a smirk and glancing me for a moment then back.

"No. Its that I don' t want to look like a fool in front of people to let my so called boyfriend and finance flirt with another woman."

"So I can flirt with you?"

"Yes-No..wiat!" This man is completely insane. Then I hear him chuckling.

"Jerk." I muttered under my breath. Soon his chuckles die down and silence fills again in the car.

"Any other rule?"

"No physical thing."

"That's not possible if I don't hold your hand people will not believe us."

"That is fine but no...no... that thing" I slutter

"What thing Aisha?" My name sounds so sexy when he speaks it.

"That thing you know...."

"I don't know what you are talking about Aisha? Be clear" Well either he is dumb very dumb or he is just playing with me. Can't he guess it that I am very shy talking about such stuff.

"The...thing...that two people do...in...in bed..."

"Sleep?" I see a grin on his face but he still looks ahead of the road.

"No. Oh God. The 'S' word."

"Sleep."

"Rishi Sex! Sex!SEX!"

I am probably red more than a tomato and my body is set on fire. I just want to hide somewhere. I hide my face in my palms and hear Rishi's laugh echoing in the car. Unknowingly a smile crepts its way on my lips and when I see him I see him showing off his perfect white teeth.

"My God! You should have see yourself shouting 'Sex' at the top of your voice. Did you ever notice the windows were down."

Turning to my left indeed the windows were down."Shit."

"Yeah...shit people that heard you thought you wanted to have sex with me and you were desperate."

"What! When did someone hear me?"

"Darling we were stuck in traffic when you were pleading 'Sex!sex!' to me."

"Shit! All your fault." I say as the car comes to a stop.

"Now get in the fiance role. We have a ring to get."

Getting out of the car I try to calm myself. Taking a deep breath I get beside Rishi and look at the huge jewelry mall we were standing before.

"Are you sure? I mean it looks really expensive and...." Before I could complete Rishi places his hand around my shoulder and no word comes out of my mouth due to the electric shock I experience.

"No fiance of mine will have anything less than expensive. Now come on." With this he pushes me slightly and we walk in through the glass doors to the shop.

As I enter bright lights blind me in an instant. The store is huge and brightly lit with sales men and women in light blue shirt and black pants.Its evening and there are no other customers in the shop. One lady in her mid thirties approaches us and Rishi speaks, " We are looking for wedding rings." She nods and gestures us to follow her. As we walk towards the end of the huge hall I see many rings placed in red velvet plates displayed under the glass table. I was startled by the shine of diamonds when the lady opened up a few more velvet boxes which contained many more rings.

"Which one do you like, love?" I hear Rishi's voice near my left ears. Something about his voice or words sent shivers down my back.

My eyes roam at each ring . Each ring was beautiful and with shiny diamonds but just one caught my eyes. Never in my wildest dreams I had thought that one day I would be shopping for my wedding ring. Unconsciously my hands touch the top of the rings and I pick out one. It was a platinum band with strips braided. There was a single diamond with two smaller smaller ones on both of its sides.

"Beautiful..." I hear Rishi's voice and when I turn to look at his way I realise his face is way too close to mine. Our eyes lock and I see something flash across this dark brown eyes.His eyes fall on my lips and shamelessly I stare at his lips back. They look soft and so kissable.

"You are a lovely couple." I hear the lady's voice and I snap back to the reality. Suddenly we stand a step away and look at the grinning lady before us. Come on Aisha! What the hell are you doing! Just focus on the deal!

"Uh... so we will take that and the couple one please." Rishi fake coughs and looks away from me. The sales lady duck down the glass counter and comes back to sight with another blue velvet box. When she opens it I see another ring with same platinum braid but thicker and larger in size that the female's one.

"What's the cost?"

"Please pack them."

"But what is the..."

"Don't worry I have it all under control."

"But...."

"Let's go Baby!"

"Don't call me that..."

"As you wish Baby!" With that he walks to the payment counter and I keep standing at the same place with both our rings in my hand. They are beautiful indeed. Suddenly I feel something twist inside me. It's a different feeling I never had. Although the 'Baby' was still in my mind but the rings brought a smile on my lips.

"Ma'am...." I hear the lady who gives me a smile." Embarrassed I hand her back the rings and I know I am red by now.What the hell! Was I just liking the rings and...and....smiling like a love struck puppy.No this is not happening. I have to be the stone hearten and focused girl once again.