Just an Awkward Family Dinner

It was pure Chaos in the Wayne household. I mean, it always is, but now especially. It was midterm week. Jason hadn't seen anyone outside of school in literal days; only leaving his bedroom to scurry across to the bathroom, or raid the kitchen for snacks at four am. 

However, the same could not be said for his little brother. Dick had too many extra curricular activities, call him an over achiever, but he still managed to sleep a couple hours, and eat (sometimes). To top it all off, his mixed grade theatre class was planning it's performance at the fall variety show, and was working it's students to the bone. Dick wasn't doing so hot, and the last thing he needed was being re-exhausted by his big brothers. unfortunately, tonight broke the mold the week thus far had followed; each son separated in his room, filling out workbooks and falling asleep on his textbooks. Tonight they were required to eat together. 

Damian pulled on a shirt while leaving his room, after long putting off the abandonment of his study guides. Though he was barely out into the hall when a frantic, exhausted mess hurried by. It took the eldest brother a few seconds to recognize which frantic exhausted mess it was, before noticing the half-crushed Starbucks cup in it's hand. Poor Tim had just had two back-to-back lectures across town, and had another smack in the middle of patrol last night; which only those 18+ could attend (Jason and Dick were too much of a hazard to bring out). 

 Down in the dining room; Bruce sat on one end of the table, also clearly tired. Perhaps not as much as Jason, or at least, what was inhabiting Jason's seat: some creature in a hand-me-down hoodie with but a tuft of white hair protruding from the hood.

Dick sat on the floor under the table like a little kid at a restaurant. He was hugging his knees snd flipping science flashcards anxiously. He was wearing a poorly buttoned pyjama top, comfort shorts, and mitch-matching socks. Honestly, he looked as though the horrors of the world had just hit him like a freight train.

"Dick, sit on your chair please."

Grumbling about how bright the lights were, the youngest child crawled atop his seat, rubbing his eyes. Tim exhaustedly inquired as to what classes his little brothers had the next day.

A slight murmur left Jason's hoodie.

This was judged an exceptable answer, so they turned to Dick.

"Drama, dance, gym, -uhhh- science."

"What're you doing in drama?" 

"Just our skits for the fall show." Dick was slightly uncomfortable with all the attention, and decided to just take comically Long sips of water while waiting for the topic to change. unfortunately, that didn't work.

"What about Dance?"

"Other stuff for the fall show.-Oh! and we choreographed this bit to a song from Beetlejuice! Can I show it to you after dinner?"

They were all slightly surprised by Dicks sudden change in enthusiasm, and commented on it. "It's the only thing that I really want to study." being his only answer.

"what song is it?" 

Dick, suddenly a little shy, muttered something

"Pardon?" Damian ask, half heartedly.

"Dead Mom."

after three days, Jason made his first coherent sounds;

"YIKES"