Chapter 21 - The station

Zayd's POV:

It's been a week; an entire week and I still haven't seen or spoken Charlie. I think about her every day, it's hard not to when I'm working alongside her mother but even if I wasn't I know I'd still be thinking about her.

As usual I started work early today. I don't mind the early starts and it's been helping us get out earlier of an afternoon as well.

It's currently 11:30 am and we're all starting to get a bit hungry.

"I might head over and get us some lunch, do you want something?" Amity offers.

"No, it's okay I bought lunch with me today." 

"Are you sure? My shout." She offers once more.

"No honestly Am, I'm fine but thank-you."

"Call us if you need anything." Austin adds as he places his tools down and heads out the door with Amity.

"Will do." I nod.

I lied I didn't bring my lunch today but I hate Amity buying me things all the time, she's already given me a place to work and an honest income and in return, I broke her daughter's heart, she doesn't owe me anything. I put my tools down for a moment and head over to the fridge pulling out my water bottle and drink down the entire thing.

I then head out back to finish one of the cars.

Charlies POV:

It's been a week, a week of me driving to the station and chickening out every single time, but today. I'm ready.

I arrive at the station alone and park my car at the front of the building. I know that I have the support of my family, all of them had offered to be with me today but I feel like this is something I need to do on my own, it's my problem so I'll have to deal with it.

I push the large glass door open and make my way to the desk. An officer I haven't seen before is typing away on his old school desktop computer.

"Can I help you?" He asks drawing his attention for the keyboard to my face, his eyes burning into me as if it was asking for his first-born child.

"Uh, yes." I clear my throat. "I'm Charlie Raven I had to come in to make a statement."

He looks me up and down and then back at the keyboard typing away. "Sit, someone will be with you soon." He orders, his eyes not leaving the keyboard.

"Sure." I nod and make my way over to the waiting room seats.

Jeez, who put salt instead of sugar in his coffee this morning?

I sit for a few more moments until the doors open and another officer appears. "Charlie, right this way." He holds the door open for me.

I make my way throw the doors and follow him down the hall to a small interview room. "Take a seat, Miss Raven." He points to the seat.

"Thank-you," I mumble and sit down.

"I'm just waiting on Officer Dennis to join us and we'll start."

"Sure." I nod

The door swings open and officer dickhead from the front desk steps in. My eyes move from him back to the officer sitting in front of me and I swallow hard.

Great, this is going to be fun.

"Alright, I'm officer Roberts and this is officer Dennis we'll be taking your statement today, are you ready to start Miss Raven?" The nice officer asks.