Chapter 27

KABIR

With a smile she gets out of the bed and smoothed her dress. "Um... Where should I keep my things? Um.... Neena got them for me."

"Oh; I make space for yourself in the changing room just, check!" I point at the glass door. Aditi nods and walks to the same door. What are you doing to me Aditi? I let out a deep breath.

I walk up to my study while I smooth down my shirt on the way.

  Why are you always in my mind Aditi? How much ever I try to get you out of my mind I can't. I thought it was lust but no. It's not just lust, there is more to it. Days back I even went a club alone to hook up with a girl so that I could get Aditi out of my mind. As usual girls came on to me. A sudden guilt aroused. To have fun with her I had to get down five pegs yet when she hugged me it missed the lavender smell and Aditi's face popped up in my mind. I refused to go with her.

Opening the drawer I find the torn paper piece with the 'Kiss Promise' pact signed by Aditi and me. A smiled played on my face and all the events from the past night returned in my mind. Why is it that the more rude and bad I try to be with her, the more the urge to like her arises in me? No one in this world can dislike her.

Turning around I see her busy in folding some clothes. Taking the opportunity I look for 'Pride and Prejudice' in my shelf.

  It's the only romantic book in the lot and I always keep it behind my files all hidden. I don't like anyone knowing that I love reading this love story and thinking that I believe in love or make any other assumption. Keeping the paper in between the pages of the book I keep it back in its place.

"All done!" Aditi says from behind and just at the moment there is a knock at my door. While I walk to the door I gesture Aditi to be quite and she stands behind the door.

Opening the door I see Neena standing as usual in her black long frock with white apron. "Lunch?" She says with a smile. As she smiles wrinkled form on her eye sides. I get side and let her enter the room. Shutting the thereafter I see Neena who looks at me and say, "Kabir your girl looks nice in the dress. Perfect size!"

"Yeah." I say as I look at Aditi who intrudes, "But I am not his girlfriend." At this point of time Aditi is so annoying! I purposely ignored Neena's mistake. It gives an unknown sense of satisfaction and happiness to hear Aditi being called as 'My girl'.

I look at Aditi who stares at me with raised eye brows. "Um..yeah she is not my girlfriend...just a friend." I say messaging the back of my neck.

"Okay... Lunch?" Neena says looking at our faces with a smile. Why is she smiling? "No I am not hungry, Kabir?" I hear Aditi speak and nod to the negative. Nodding with a smile once again Neena walks out of the room. What's with the smile?

I don't think further and walk out to follow Neena. She heard me coming and stopped in her tracks. When she faced me I spoke instantly, "Why were you smiling?" She smiled once again and placed a hand over my shoulder. Why do I have a déjà vu? The mere difference is that it was with Dan before and now, Neena.

"I like the girl. I know I have no right to speak but, trust her and she will stand by you always."

"What makes you think so?" I speak before she could attempt to turn her back to me. With a sigh she begins, "She is the first girl who you got to the same bed but, never did anything right?" What does she mean to say? 

I frown a little and she continues, "Why?" Her tone says that she knows the answer but wants me to say it out aloud; however I am unaware of the answer.