Ch. 15

Bakugou sighed and slammed his head against his desk, his eyes watering slightly as the feeling of pain surged through his body. At this point, he wasn't sure if he felt pain because of the desk or his head; he didn't know what to do anymore.

A small cry for help escaped through his lips as a pained sigh as Bakugou got up and flopped onto his bed pathetically, knowing he was incapable of doing anything to help himself or Deku. He felt like there was no hope for anything and all he could do was wait. Wait in some sort of desperation for happy news. News that his Deku would be out of the hospital and recovered, happy and back to normal.

On the inside, he knew that Midoriya might not survive. And even if he did, he wouldn't be magically cured from his depression. He would probably try to commit suicide again if anything.

If there was one wish, he wished that he would go back in time. Go back to a time where Midoriya was still happy and cheerful; the person who saw happiness in every bad thing and the person who loved everyone no matter what. Most importantly, he would have stopped bullying him. He would apologize for everything and probably break down in tears at Midoriya's feet, sobbing his eyes out. He would sell his soul to the devil if that's what he had to do for everything to go back to the way it was.

Then, there was a knock at the door. Bakugou didn't feel any different. He didn't want whoever was at the door to see him being a pathetic mess who was sobbing his eyes out. He continued to lay there pathetically on his stomach, his arms tightening around his pillow.

Another set of knocks. This time much louder than the last. It was like the person who was outside Bakugou's door needed him to come out of the room. Bakugou angrily sighed and went into the bathroom begrudgingly, dragging his feet over the cold tiles. He looked at himself and twisted the faucet, covering his face in cold water and rinsing out his eyes and looking back at himself in the mirror. He continued doing this until he was satisfied there was no trace of him crying. The knocks from the door were louder than before and he was surprised that they didn't make others complain.

He got to the door and opened it, only to see Kirishima at the door. In his head, it was almost a let down. He mentally cursed himself for thinking there was a chance it was Midoriya; that was the only reason he decided to check the door in the first place.

"Hey Baku-bro! Me, Kaminari, Ashido and Sero are gonna play Cards against Humanity. Do you wanna join us?" The red haired student asked Bakugou, his mouth displayed in a large smile. Bakugou sighed and shook his head, closing the door. Kirishima put his foot to the door and stopped it from closing, pushing the door open again.

"You've seemed really down lately bro. Maybe playing the game will help you lighten up!" Kirishima continued. Bakugou flopped lifelessly onto his bed again and sighed, burying his head into his pillow in an attempt to avoid interacting with the red haired student. He knew Kirishima wouldn't go away if he said anything.

"Come on dude. You know you can't be sad all the time about Midoriya. He's probably gonna come out fo the hospital anyway." Kirishima continued. Still no response. Bakugou closed his eyes tighter in the pillow; Kirishima didn't understand why Bakugou was so upset.

"It's not like it's your fault he died or anything. He was upset; it was his decision." Kirishima said in a low tone, starting to get more serious. Bakugou slowly turned around, staring at Kirishima in the eye.

"But it was my fault." Bakugou muttered, his voice barely cracking. Kirishima looked at him, and gently put his hand on Bakugou's cheek.

"No it wasn't. Look bro, I'm trying to make you feel better. If your gonna keep dwelling on something in the past, you won't be able to move forward. You have to keep on going; pushing yourself through your challenges and facing your hardships. Midoriya might be in the hospital, but he isn't dead. He is still healthy, and the doctors did say he does have a chance of surviving." Kirishima looked direction into Bakugou's eyes as he said this, almost like he was staring into Bakugou's soul. Bakugou looked at him and wiped the tears off his tear that had come from the corners of his eyes.

"But that doesn't change the fact that he's in the hospital." Bakugou muttered, wiping new tears that began to get soaked into his sleeve. Kirishima pat Bakugou in the back.

"Don't worry. Me, Kaminari, Ashido and Sero will always be here for you bro." Kirishima stated, giving Bakugou a smile and pulling on his wrist to get up.

"Do you wanna play Cards against Humanity now?" He asked. Bakugou shook his head and continued to sit criss-cross in his bed, his arms wrapped around a pillow. Kirishima sighed and sat back down on the bed.

He embraced Bakugou in a hug.

"It's okay bro, we all get sad sometimes. Just remember that I'll always be here, okay?" Kirishima said, leaning forward closer to Bakugou's face.

Then...

He kissed him.