{47 The Job Vacancy

{47 The Job Vacancy

Your POV

Another week goes by very slowly, the whole world seemed to have slowed down since Yoongi left. Your friends try to take your mind off things and you try to distract yourself by working hard on your assignments. Even though your mind keeps going to Yoongi and what he how he is doing in Japan you get most of the work done. The days went by slowly but now it wouldn't be long before Yoongi would be back and you were already looking forward to it.

Yawning you took a small sip of water, this class is always so boring. It's not even really a subject it's a class where you learn how to make the perfect curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, where to look for a job vacancy and what no to do. It's seriously boring... As this is the last semester of classes after this all that is left is an internship and writing your thesis, therefore, the university wants us to start preparing for when we graduate.

''Oke, does everyone have any questions about the assignment?'' The teacher asks the whole class to stay silent, ''Good then I want them in my mailbox by Friday. This will be it for today, see you next week!''

''Ugh,'' Jieun grunts, ''I rather not.''

''Me neither,'' You chuckle and stretch your muscles.

''Do you guys want to start working on the assignment in the library?'' Haneul asks.

''Yeah sure,'' You reply knowing that if you're not going start this assignment right now you probably will forget about it because it's so much less important and enjoyable then the other assignments you still had to do it.

''But first...'' You start saying but get cut off by Jieun.

''Let me guess,'' Jieun says, ''get a coffee?''

''Exactly!'' You say smiling, ''You know me so well!''

''ugh, I have no idea where to begin,'' Jieun complained when we sat down in the library, ''How am I supposed to find three job vacancies that describe my dream job? I already have enough trouble finding an internship''

''I have no idea,'' Haneul said agreeing with Jieun, ''At least Y/N has it easy..''

''What? Me? Why?'' You asked confused.

''Oh come on,'' Jieun said, ''Ever since you started this study you said your dream job was to work in the entertainment business.''

''That's true,'' You answered, ''But I also have no idea where to begin.''

''What about just looking at what kind of job vacancies certain companies have?'' Haneul suggested.

''That's not a bad idea,'' You replied and started working on the computer while Jieun and Haneul kept discussing where they should start. Until finally they both also start looking for Job vacancies on the internet.

''Omg,'' You say and Jieun and Haneul look confused at you.

''What is it?'' They both ask at the same time.

''uh, nothing,'' You stare at your screen while scrolling through the different vacancies to quickly hide the vacancy that had shown up on your screen. "I just remember that I forgot to do the dishes."

Jieun and Haneul give you a weird look but then go back to their work. When you are sure they aren't paying attention to you anymore. You scroll back to the vacancy and open it.

BigHit Entertainment is currently looking for a Junior Video Editor.

Job Responsibilities:

* Video editing

* Coordinating with the digital marketing team

* Arranging for a brief/script for an outline of the video content

* Assembling and editing the raw material into a finished final product

* A good storyteller who could come up with creative ideas

Required skills and qualities:

* Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio

* Familiarity with special effect, 3D and compositing

* Creative mind and storytelling skills.

* BA degree in film studies, media, cinematography or related field

* Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

______________

It's everything you had been looking for, it perfectly describes your dream job. I would be crazy to apply right? You aren't even graduated yet, but what if you could perform your internship there? No, no you could impossibly work at the same company as Yoongi it would be too much of a risk. What if the company would find out? How would that even work we would be too aware of each other presence. Besides Yoongi would probably hate the idea, no it's just too much of a risk. You close the website and try to forget about it and keep looking for other vacancies, but there's nothing better. Other entertainment businesses only look for stylists or make-up artists, it was such a great opportunity. Should you apply? No, no way, besides they would never even accept you they are looking for a junior and not an intern. If that is the case there is no harm in applying right? No, No, I would just get my hopes up and then have to cancel either way because I couldn't possibly work at the same company as Yoongi. Why? Why did it have to be BigHit Entertainment with this vacancy why not any other company? You shake your head getting rid of the idea but save the internet page you could still use it for your assignment.

After working on the assignment for two hours you finally found two other possible vacancies, both of them are old vacancies for the creative editor which already asks a lot of expertise and are senior jobs. The teacher asked for dream jobs, not for jobs that you were going to apply for after you graduated. Jieun and Haneul were also able to find some vacancies though they weren't sure if it was there dream job it was just an assignment for a boring class, not that important anyway. The three of you pack your bags and go home.

On your way back home the Job vacancy at BigHit keeps lingering, what if? What if you would start working there? BigHit isn't the small company it used to be, it has grown enormous and probably has hundreds of staff members. Would the interns even work in the same building where Yoongi would work? Or would you work in an office somewhere in the city not even close to Yoongi work? Maybe you should just ask Yoongi about it? No, no, you would want him to know. If you were going to apply you wanted to get accepted because of you not because he had any influence in it. should you apply? After pondering on the idea for the rest of the night you decide to share your thought with your friends tomorrow and see what they think. Though you can already kind of guess how they would react, maybe that was also exactly what you would need?

____________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry that the chapter is a little bit late I've been sick the past days haven't done anything else than go to work and immediately go to bed afterward because I felt miserable. If I would have called in sick for work it would also mean I wouldn't get payed so I pushed on because I felt like I had no other choice, but this meant I wasn't able to anything than sleep when I finally got back home. Again I'm sorry I am a little bit late, but here it is Another chapter!!!! :D

Random character fact:

Since Jieun's parents are away a lot she spent a lot of time alone when she was younger, she has always hated it. Therefore she loves living in a busy student apartment where she is never alone.