44.

Never in my life did I ever think that having a best friend who is taken while you are single could be so challenging. Nayeon had convinced me to go with her and Myungjun to the shopping mall to hang out and look for, her words, cute stuff.

They were holding hands since we laid a foot on the shopping, looking all happy and there was me standing next to them being the third wheel as usual.

"Oh my god, I love this top. What do you think, Seo?" She asked me, shoving me the ruffle baby blue top in my hands.

"It's cute, it's very summery" I smiled at her, returning her the top.

"I will see if it fits. Be right back" She told us, leaving to the dressing rooms. I looked to my side and saw MJ looking at me with a questionable smile.

"Oh no, I know that smile" I sighed, facing palm.

"Which smile?" He innocently asked, blinking his lashes at me cutely.

"The type of smile you give me before asking something for me to do"

He gasped "That's totally not true!"

"Myungjun" I rolled my eyes and he started giggling, nudging me on the shoulder.

"I'm kidding, yes you are right" He gave up, turning to me "I bet Nayeon has been talking about our 1st anniversary for a while now"

I nodded aggressively while I widened my eyes "You have no idea..."

He chuckled and then his face was filled with wonder "So I wanted to buy us matching rings but I'm not sure if she will like the idea"

"I think it's great!" I exclaimed, smiling "She is totally going to love that"

"You think so?" I nodded, knowing how much she loves to wear accessories with sentimental value.

"She used to say to me that once she got a boyfriend, she would love to wear matching bracelets or rings" I explained, remembering our pajama nights and boy talks.

Ha, she always told me she wanted a boy that would make her laugh all the time and could keep up with her energy.

That's the definition of Myungjun's personality.

I can't believe it has been 1 year since they got together officially.

I still remember the day she met Myungjun at Jinjin's birthday party. It feels like it was yesterday.

F l a s h b a c k

"Jinjin! Someone is knocking on the door" I shouted from the kitchen, trying my best not to burn the food I had inside the oven while trying to finish the fruit salad I was mixing.

"I'll go get it, don't worry!" He shouted back and I sighed, sweat tears streaming down my forehead. As soon as I finished doing the salad, I wiped the dirty water from my face with the back of my arm covered with my black shirt.

Nayeon was by my side helping me with the chocolate mousse, the sound of the food mixer echoing through the thick walls. She was wearing a cute white dress with pink sandals, the glossy pink lipstick making her thick lips standing out even more.

I looked to myself - I was only wearing a simple long sleeve black shirt with some pins on and my trusty blue jeans pairing with black boots. My makeup was light, bb cream, and some colored lip balm but the wing black liner finishing the simple look and taking it to another level, or at least that was what I'd like to think.

"I think the mousse is ready, the texture seems fine. I'm going to leave it cool on the freezer until it has solidified" I nodded, putting my potholders on and taking off the cake inside the oven.