Chapter 3

After talking with Credence, Newt goes to find Queenie, and Tina. They need to figure out if they can find Percival Graves, and Newt has a feeling that will led to talking to Grindelwald. Newt fears for Tina, because she'd be the one to interrogate him, or perhaps they'll get one of the other Aurors do it. He silently hopes they'll get another Auror to do it.

He finds them both in the kitchen, and they appear to be having coffee and chatting, Newt doesn't understand how anyone could like coffee, it's absolutely disgusting. He sits across from Queenie and beside Tina, they seem to have finished their conversation while he walked in, they turn to look at him.

"Where's Credence?" Queenie questions with a sweet smile. Newt glance at their shared bedroom door.

"In our room," Newt states. "He's being doing quite well." He adds, because he has, he's flinching less and tries to meet their eyes.

"What's up Newt? You look like you want to talk about something." Tina tilts her head slightly, with a curious look in her eyes.

"Yeah, actually I had a question for you guys." Newt admits, and Queenie smiles warmly at him.

"Shoot." Tina says, and Newt worries his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Is there any lead on the Percival Graves case? Do we have any idea where he is?" Newt questions, and Tina looks down at the table, picking at the grain.

"So far we haven't found anything, we aren't sure where he could be and Grindelwald won't talk." Tina answers, with a guilty expression.

"Whose been interrogating him so far?" Newt questions, and Tina gets a nervous look to her.

"So far it was one of the other Aurors, but starting tomorrow I'll be interrogating him." Tina gets a distant look in her eyes, and Newt feels a rush of panic fill him.

"Why isn't the other Auror doing it?" Newt doesn't get it, did something bad happen to him, or her.

"She couldn't stand talking to him no more, Grindelwald kept playing games, trying to turn her against MACUSA and she said that for some reason it was workin'. Grindelwald appeals to what ya want and makes it about his own cause, if you could call it that, cause honestly it ain't much of a cause." Queenie explains, Newt raises an eyebrow and grimaces.

"That doesn't sound good." Newt states, he gives Tina a nervous glance. Tina looks up and smiles softly, trying to reassure him.

"Maybe, you could come with us?" Tina stammers and glances at Newt nervously.

"Well, I wouldn't want to stay here and miss all the fun, now would I?" Newt jests, and Tina cracks a small genuine smile.

___________

Newt, Tina, and Queenie go into MACUSA the next day, Newt is nervous for Tina. Tina hasn't looked this scared since they were in the death chamber, and Newt doesn't know how to ease her fear. Queenie keeps close to Tina, offering her support and comfort if needed, and Newt goes on her other side.

Tina schools her face though the closer they get, and puts on her Auror impression, one Queenie knows Mr. Graves probably taught her, otherwise Tina wears her heart on her sleeve. Queenie and Newt stand with the Madam President as Tina goes in, they watch through the one way mirror, but Grindelwald is staring at the mirror and smirking.

Tina walks in and sits across from Grindelwald, eyeing him suspiciously, there's a spell cast around him formed in a dome, and a fly goes right through it and causes a wing to fall off. Grindelwald watches it with keen eyes, and pretends that Tina isn't there, Tina clears her throat and shifts.

"Where are you hiding Percival Graves?" She questions, steel in her voice, eyes hard. Grindelwald grins in delight.

"Wouldn't you like to know." He purrs, and Tina's glare intensifies, Grindelwald merly grins.

"We do have other ways of persuading you Grindelwald, so I suggest you start talking." Tina spits, narrowing her eyes and Grindelwald's eyes brighten.

"Now we're getting somewhere. I think your my favourite so far, the others wouldn't threaten me, they would cower before me, and they were far too easy to convince." Newt's eyes widen, having Grindelwald fond of Tina isn't a good thing.

Tina rolls her eyes, "I'll never be one of your fanatics, Grindelwald." She hisses, and Grindelwald's eyes sharpen. Newt frowns, Grindelwald looks a bit more serious now.

"Ah yes, is Newton here as well." Queenie and the President flick their gazes to him, but Newt keeps his eyes on Tina.

Tina who has kept her expression calm until now, her eyes widen, but then they harden into ice. She glares harder at Grindelwald and takes a step forward, baring her teeth in a snarl.

"Mr. Scamander has nothing to do with this." Tina snarls and Grindelwald smirks, eyes turning to the mirror, and somehow his eyes land right on Newt. Queenie's eyes harden, and she wants to step in front of Newt, even though she knows Grindelwald won't be able to see him, or her.

Newt doesn't feel right about this, why would Grindelwald call him by his given name? Everyone just calls him Newt, and now those mismatched eyes are staring right at him. Why would he even care if Newt was here? Doesn't he want revenge on Newt for getting him captured?

"But, Newton has everything to do with this, I will only talk to him from now on." Grindelwald states, with a smile. Newt's eyes widen, what is happening.

Grindelwald is pleased to see the horror on Auror Goldstein's face, to see it turn into a rage that hardens her eyes. Grindelwald needs Newton on his side, with him comes all his creatures, and possibly Credence. Auror Goldstein leaves in a swirl of her coat, and a fierce expression on her face.

Newt isn't quite sure what Grindelwald is playing at, but he has a feeling it has something to do with Credence, who is probably curled up at the Goldstein's apartment sleeping, or waiting for them to come back. Newt has a very bad feeling about this.