Chapter 6: The Dream

Your POV:

It was around 7:30 PM when we got back. We pulled into the driveway of the the mansion. Asami shut the car off, I took the guitar and the amp out of the trunk, we got out and we she pulled down the garage door.

I wanted to ask Asami if it was okay that I stayed here for the night for two reasons. One, I was going to play those two songs for them tomorrow. Two, I didn't feel like walking all the way back to my apartment in this weather. We then started walking up the stairs that lead to the front door.

You: "Hey, Asami?"

Asami: "Yeah?"

You: "I was wondering if I could stay here for the night because I was planning on playing the guitar for you guys."

Asami: "Sure, I don't see why not."

You: "Thanks, Asami. And besides, I don't really feel like walking all the way back to my place in this kind of weather anyway."

Asami: "I can see why. You'd freeze to death"

You: "Preach to the choir, sweetie."

That remark made her giggle. Now, I'm not much of a jokster myself, but I do love to laugh. We began walking down the hallway.

Asami: "You know, you're pretty funny, (M/N)."

You: "Hey, can you show me where the den is? I want to set up my guitar for tomorrow. So that way, it won't be a hassle the next morning.

Asami: "Yeah, just follow me. After you put that stuff down, I'll show you to the guests' bedroom."

And she led the way until we eventually got there. I put my stuff down against the wall by the door frame.

Asami than led to me to the guests' bedroom. It looked pretty nice. The two beds were on the opposite side of the room facing away from the door. There was a night stand with a lamp in between the two beds.

I must've zoned out for a bit while I was looking at the bedroom, because I turned to see Asami place a white t-shirt and and some black pajama pants down on one of the beds, and she didn't have those in here arms when we walked in here. So she must've grabbed them when I wasn't looking.

Asami: "I figured that since you didn't have anything to put on for the night, I'd grab some of my dad's old night clothes for you."

You: "Umm, thanks."

I grabbed them of the bed, and walked into the bathroom in the guests' bedroom to put them on. I walked out of the bathroom and set my clothes folded on the dresser.

I sit down on the bed, and start thinking about my parents again. I really needed help. Asami walks back in the room, but this time, she's wearing black and dark red PJs.

Asami: "Hey (M/N), are you doing okay?"

You: "Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

Asami: "Well, it's only been a week since your parents died and..."

You: "Where are you going with this, Asami?"

Asami: "...You want to let it out, (M/N). I know you do." She said wrapping her arm around me. I felt my throat begin to tense up. But I didn't want to cry in front of her.

You: "What do you mean?"

Asami: "You're grieving, (M/N). You're grieving the loss of your parents. But you've been holding it in for a long time now, and It's not healthy."