9. hogsmeade

The first impression of Hogsmeade immediately stressed Lyn out. As soon as she and Harry left the corridor, a worker entered the cellar that they had entered. Harry immediately grabbed Lyn by the wrist and pulled her behind some boxes. The pair squatted and prayed to Merlin that the worker didn't go near them. After what felt like an hour but was most likely two minutes, the worker left and the pair stood up.

"That was a close call," Lyn told Harry.

"Too close," Harry responded.

"Well, there's no point in staying here. Let's go see what the fuss is all about!" Lyn said excitedly. The pair left the cellar and were met with hundreds of people. The shop was filled to the brim with Hogwarts students.

"At least no one will recognize us with all the other students here," Harry said to Lyn, having to lean in and practically yell due to how loud it was. She just nodded in reply and started to walk through the crowd. Lots of people still stressed her out a little, but she was getting better.

The shelves were filled with sweets-everything from chocolate to Pepper Imps. Lyn, who loved sweets, was in paradise. However, she knew she couldn't bring much back or someone might notice. Lyn sadly continued to follow after Harry, who was walking towards two people she quickly identified as Ron and Hermione.

"Ron, don't get those for Harry. They're for vampires," Hermione reprimanded.

"Well, what about these?" Ron asked, holding up what looked like cockroaches.

"Definitely not," Harry said, scaring them both so bad they jumped. Lyn almost burst out laughing upon seeing their faces.

"Harry! Lyn! What are you doing here?!" Hermione shrieked.

"Why didn't you tell us you learned how to apparate?" Ron asked, sounding amazed.

"We haven't, that's why," Lyn responded.

"Lyn?" A voice asked. Lyn froze, thinking it was Remus, and slowly turned around to see Cedric. The trio continued their conversation, which was basically Hermione being upset.

"Hey, Ced!" Lyn responded, much happier at not seeing Remus.

"What are you doing here?" Cedric asked, guiding her away from her friends into a quieter part of the store.

"Moony finally signed my form." Lyn lied. Cedric sent her a disapproving look and she let out a sigh.

"Fine. I snuck out with Harry," Lyn admitted.

"How?"

"That's for me to know and you to never find out," Lyn responded, a smirk on her pale face. She had never been able to tan, only burn. Remus and she would often joke that she looked like a ghost.

"That's not fair!" Cedric whined.

"No whining!" Lyn taunted.

"Well, your godfather obviously had a reason to not let you go. You should probably go up to the castle," Cedric told the small girl worriedly. Lyn just groaned.

"Ced, nothing's gonna happen to me. The town is searched by dementors and if they thought Sirius Black or any other danger would attack, no one would be allowed down here. Moony is just over dramatic," Lyn explained. Cedric went to reply but was cut off by another voice.

"Lyn, we're going to leave and look around. Are you coming?" Ron asked her, Harry and Hermoine behind him. Lyn looked up at Cedric, who looked as if he was one second away from picking her up and taking her up to the castle himself.

"Yeah, of course. Bye Ced," She responded. Cedric let out a long sigh before grabbing and hugging Lyn.

"Fine. Be safe. I'll see you at school," He told her and she smiled back at him before walking over and linking arms with Hermiome.