Chapter Ten: Acid Trip to Faerieland

"Hey, just be careful you two." Oracle said.

Be careful? That's all he has to say is BE CAREFUL? If he really meant those words, he'd stop this. Or better yet HE WOULDN'T HAVE COME UP WITH THIS DUMB IDEA. I bit my cheek to keep the words in, but this guys was nuts. 

Without missing a beat, Ari jumped into the fire, dragging me with him.

It suffocated me. The fire tasted of spice and burned my throat as I shut my eyes. I imagined my hair burning away as the flames flickered blue and purple. The feeling of falling made made me jerk like I was between sleep and awake. I wondered if I just jumped to my own death. 

WHAT ARE YOU DOING! I looked up and for a second I thought I could see Drake flying above me with his mouth near mine. He glared down at me and shook his head at me furiously. 

It's your fault. You weren't waking up and I don't have any other ideas on how I can save you.

My body felt like it was falling through sand as I stared up at the translucent version of Drake. Suddenly water filled my mouth and I looked ahead, we were floating in clear water. Bubbles flew out of my mouth as I swam up to the surface.

"What the hell!" I heard Ari behind me. I looked over my shoulder and swam to what looked like a shore. The sand on the shore was black as a door that sat in the middle of it, not connected to anything.

"Why are you throwing a fit?" I asked as I took off my shoes and socks. "I thought you did this all the time."

"I haven't fallen into the ocean before." Ari said as he pulled out his sopping wet cigarettes. Drake would've snorted and probably said something about how it served him right thinking he could bring such poisons into faerie.

"Okay, what has it usually been like?"

He threw the cigarettes into the water. He looked up at the hot sun.

 "Well, usually it just dropped us off at the market." He said as he took off his jacket and peeled off his shirt underneath it. "It's not this freaking weird." 

Oh great. That wasn't comforting. 

Ari frowned and looked around. He put on the damp shirt. He stared at the black door and folded his arms over his chest. He tossed his jacket to me before walking over to the black door. It looked like an ordinary door in the human world. It appeared to be made of wood. He looked from the front to the back of the door.

"Maybe it's a new entrance."

"We're you guys using the entrance in the forest?" 

Ari shrugged. "Sometimes. Most of the time we used the fire. It's easier." 

"Well it looks like you guys screwed up the portal."

"We've done this dozens of times," Ari said, waving me off with a hand. "Why'd it go and fuck up now?"

"Probably has something to do with the dead faerie at the entrance." I said. Ari looked at me. He looked a little pale. 

"Do I look stupid?" 

"Yeah." I said as he flipped me the bird. "I mean you keep stealing stuff from faeries which isn't a good idea." 

"Than why are you doing it?" Ari asked. I kept my mouth shut. "Oh right, because of the pink-eyed weirdo. Why? Because you're hopelessly in loves with him?" 

"No!" I said. "He's my friend." 

Ari snorted. "Let me tell you something, girlie, no one does this shit for friendship."  He looked at me from the corner of his eyes. We might look familiar, but we weren't the same. "You are so in love that it's pathetic."