Publication

The Trifecta ended up back at school as we recalled prior engagements that required us to be present. There was a thunderstorm with a beautiful lightning show and suddenly, the football coaches agreed it was best for the team to practice indoors. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind seeing the whole team get struck by lightning at this point. I'd spare Michael and Luke their lives though, feeling bad for the boys because they were stuck in the weight room with forty other guys.

While tuning out Elizabeth and Veronica arguing over a new cheer, I found amusement in picturing Michael and Luke trying to lift weights. I had only seen Michael lift seven pizza boxes at once and Luke carry an enormous mirror into his bedroom for the best mirror selfies. Maybe they weren't even lifting weights. Luke was probably listening to music on his phone while taking careful steps on a treadmill and Michael was in no doubt pretending to spot Calum. The only worry was that Michael would purposely make Calum injure himself.

"They're always like this." Lisa sat down next to me, crossing her legs.

The unspoken sisterly bond on the team was very lovely. No one was ever purposely left out and if one of the "veterans" noticed a newbie sitting alone, they'd sit with us and strikes up a conversation. I didn't have a problem sitting by myself and people watching. It didn't bother Izzy either, she was usually off in her own happy world. But the girls wanted everyone to feel equal and loved. Sure, I wanted to feel equal and loved, but from afar, that was okay with me.

"Elizabeth and Veronica?"

She nodded, "Elizabeth is just taking Veronica's opinions to heart because she's still upset about Calum. You know how it goes...Calum upsets Elizabeth and she takes it out on everyone."

A part of me believed that Calum was a big enough douche to hook up with Elizabeth's sister. Another part wasn't convinced he could do that based off his recent acts of kindness. I wouldn't be fooled though.

"But he's just a guy?" I scoffed, stretching my legs out. "He's replaceable."

Those were the two most foolish words I could ever speak to Lisa and anyone of her kind. This group of girls may be boy crazy and be able to get any guy they wanted, but the moment they were not doing the fucking over and allowed themselves to become vulnerable to being fucked over by a guy - it might as well be the end of the world for them and those around them.

Thirty minutes into practice and here was nothing getting done. The coach never showed up to practice because she was confident in Elizabeth and Veronica's leading abilities that they'd get stuff done. Little did she know most of our asses had been glued to the gym floor doing absolutely nothing productive.

"Elizabeth was in love with Calum." Lisa argued by over-stressing 'in love' in a stupid tone that made me think I should've already known that. "She was going to convert religions to marry him."

I almost redirected Lisa to Michael so the two could gossip together. Michael would get so much joy out of this. I could hear him talking about the jump from Judaism to Catholicism like he was reciting poetry.

-

I lied out my uniform for the morning, placing my backpack next to it so everything was in the same spot and I wouldn't pull my room apart trying to find everything last minute. The evenings were rather lonely for me. The guys had football practice late into the evening and Evelyn either stayed to watch practice or she was dealing with the psychology club. I'd forgotten what it was like to have a bit of alone time instead of being surrounded by a bunch of people who certainly could not remember how to pronounce my last name. Sirois. Sir-WAH. Not hard at all.

I'd stop to take notice of the butterflies in my stomach, then I'd recall their purpose of being there. The anxiety of not knowing Ashton's reaction. Had he realized what we had done yet? Did he get off Facebook after Michael got us in? It wasn't myself who uploaded the picture to his wall and I still felt so evil and accomplished. No names were going to be put behind the "mistake" except Ashton's.