Chapter 26 (Zach)

This is probably one of the worst days of my life. Scratch that, this is THE worst day of my life. When I woke up this morning, everything was great. I had a loving family, an amazing girlfriend, and great friends. My life was good.

Then, my childhood best friend came back fro the dead, her guards arrested me an sent me to spy on my parents, who turned out not as good as I had expected and then they also tied me up ad kidnapped me. And my girlfriend is dead, and I'm likely going to have to explain to her parents why their precious daughter is dead.

Also, there's the fact that I'm probably going to die here. That guy with Cara, Blake, he hates me. In 100% sure of that fact. And he's definitely not going to put in the effort to come and find me. Plus, how can he even find me. How will he know that I need help? He probably thinks that this is all a trap and that I used their chance as a way to escape. And how can I blame him, look at what my parents did.

Here I am, literally tied to a chair, with murderers. Never thought I'd be calling my parents that.

Suddenly a sharp, shrill ringing starts coming from my belt. It's giving me a worse headache than I already had, and it's really not helping my situation.

My parents and their associates look at each other.

"It's a trap! How could we be so stupid to fall for something as stupid as this!"

They quickly grab their stuff, my parents take a few things from the safe and they hurry out of the house. All while I'm still tied to a chair and wishing to hold my aching head.

Once they leave, nothing happens. Nothing blows up, as I half expected it to, and I now have time to contemplate the situation.

My parents are murderers. My parents killed my best friends parents. They killed my girlfriend. Oh my God, Mylie. How will I explain the situation? My eyes start welling up with tears.

Minutes, hours, I don't know, later, I'm still ugly crying. My parents would be horrified at me not being able to control my emotions. I've been taught my entire life to keep them in check, and now, now I just don't care. It's worthless. My life as I know it is over. Nothing Ii know to be true will ever be true again.

Just then, the door bursts open, and in come Blake and one of the girls that was with Cara. I can't for the life of me remember what her name is.

They look around, before calling someone in the walkie talkie. It's only then that they come over to me.

"Are you okay?"  The girl asks me, Blake is still cautiously looking around the room. Probably for any sign of a threat.

"There's nothing here. Although I know you don't believe me. My parents and the Mills' were all as shocked when the sound came on." I tell them.

"Distress beacon." Both of them simultaneously.

Oh, so that's what that was.

The girl turns to me. "It let us know that you were in trouble. It gives us your location so that we can always get to you. The signal is from a secret satellite, no one can get into it. And yes, we have paid people to try. We give these beacons to all agents when they go undercover. It's a precaution."

"I'm sorry, I can't remember your name."

She smirks. "It's Talia." What is it with all these agents and smirking al the time. It's honestly starting to get on my nerves.

"So, are you going to tell us what hurts? Or are we supposed to keep guessing in the hopes of potentially getting it right?"

"Nothing hurts. Sasha knocked me out for like five minutes, but other then that, I'm physically fine."