40

Christian

"So what does this do?" I asked Alex, reaching past him to point to this small drive he had plugged into his laptop

"This is the software I was talking about earlier. We're going to run it against the files using key words and phrases. It will take some time, but not as long if we were to manually search through the documents." Alex explained. I gave him a nod.

When I glanced away from the computer screen, and towards him, I now started to notice just how tired he looked. His eyes were dark with bags underneath, and the lids slowly began to lower from the sleep deprivation.

"Thank you for staying. This was some smart thinking, too." I scooted closer to him. "You never cease to amaze me." That last part came out low in an almost whisper against his ear. I saw him visibly shiver at my words and proximity. "It makes me want to do something else." I added. My teeth grazed his lobe, and his fingers stopped typing completely as they hovered over the keys.

"Christian." Alex spoke. He had most likely meant it as a warning, but it came out as more of a moan.

I liked it when he said my name.

I was going to have to make him say it more often.

Before I could spiral further into my devilish thoughts, I was pulled away by the sound of someone clearing their throat near the doorway of Alex's office.

Alex

"How's it coming along?" Brad asked, as he entered with two cups of coffee in hand

"Just powering it up now." I replied. "Are there any phrases either of you wanted to start with?" Christian glanced at Brad, and they both shared a look. I wasn't sure what that look meant, but Christian was the one who ended up putting in the request.

"Let's start out with the word 'Lawsuit' and see what that brings up."

"There's going to be quite a bit of hits." Brad mumbled. My eyes furrowed at that. How often did these motherfuckers get sued?