Chapter 29

Peter's P.O.V

The drive back to the tower was quiet, but it wasn't awkward. It was just... calming. I was in the backseat, looking out the window and I just... 

I feel so happy...

Around 15 minutes later, Mr. Stark parks the car in the garage and we get out. Mr. Stark takes the big bag and we head up.

"Oh yeah, Pete...?" Mr. Stark says with a mischievous smile while we're in the elevator. "You wanna prank the others...?" I smile and nod. Dr. Strange takes my backpack and the moment the elevator doors open, I quickly sneak out and climb up to the ceiling. I can see that Natasha, Clint, Steve, Bucky, Mr. Thor, Mr. Loki, Wanda and Pietro are all sitting in the living room, watching a movie. 

Mr. Stark and Dr. Strange walk into the room. I climb over to where everyone's sitting and prepare myself to make a web and slide down upside down.

"Tony... How did it go...?" Natasha asks a little worried. I see that Loki's looking at me and he's smiling. I put a finger over my mouth and he gives me a small nod.

"Well..." Mr. Stark says, acting like something bad has happened and everyone is looking worried, well, except for Mr. Loki. I take that as my que and slide down.

"We kinda got caught up in a web..." I say with a smile. I see how everyone's frowns turn into smiles and I jump down from the web.

Wanda and Pietro are the first to reach me and they tackle me into a big hug. Then more and more people join the hug and it's... no, you know what. It's Fantastic.

After a couple of seconds we break the hug and Mr. Stark puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Welcome home Peter." He says with a warm smile.

.

.

.

Me, Mr. Stark and Dr. Strange are heading down the hallway where all the rooms are and Dr. Strange is still holding my bags.

"Umm... Dr. Strange I can-" But he cuts me off.

"Peter, you can just call me Stephen." He says and I give him a shy smile.

"A-alright... umm... Stephen, I can take back my bags..." He gives me my backpack but holds on to the bigger bag.

"Well, here we are Pete. Your new... or... uhh... old-ish room." Mr. Stark says and he opens the door to my new room.

We walk in and I put my backpack on the desk. The room is still a bit empty but I don't really mind.

"Hey Pete, how about we go shopping this weekend to fill your room up a little?" Mr. Stark asks and I look a little confused. "You know, since you're going to live here, maybe we should make your room a little more... home-ish."

"Oh, there's no need for that Mr. Stark. I don't really mind having it like this..."

"*sigh* Kid, call me Tony and are you sure? I mean, you don't have to worry about the money."

"I-I guess... It wouldn't hurt to look...?" Mr. Sta- Tony nods and I look out of the big window... man... so much has happened... Got suspended, the Avengers discovered my identity, changed orphanages, got a new suit and got adopted. Life can be really strange ( :D ) sometimes...

"Mr. Sta- Tony... is it alright if I go patroling today?" I ask, looking back at them.

"Sure kid. But that'll have to wait until later." I pout a little and they both chuckle. "How about you get setteled and we'll call you when lunch is ready? Or you can just join us in the living room."