Before Germany

For the record - Peter is a biological child of Tony.

***

Peter sat in Uncle Bruce's lab, thinking about his webs. He had all his new powers under control now and decided he wanted to use it and help people. Like his father, or his aunt and uncles. He had a very long conversation with his father, who eventually agreed to his surprise, but on condition that it would be under his control. And that was fine with him. After all, he was fifteen. He wasn't ready to face the things his dad normally faced. Not yet.

"Hey Underoos, what are you doing here?"

"I'm working on my webs. Uncle Bruce's lab has better conditions than yours. You know, because he's a nuclear physicist, and you're a mechanic and an engineer," he replied, looking up from his notes. His father had looked very tired these days and he was worried about him. "How was MIT?" he asked.

"Nah, boring. I missed you there," he said, holding out his hand to tousle his curls.

"It was two days, Dad," he grinned.

"So what? I'm not allowed to miss my son?"

"Well, I missed you, too. But do you know who I also miss?"

"I don't know, buddy. Why don't you tell me on the way to the kitchen? I stopped for pizza on the way home."

"I don't want to be rude, but is everything okay with Pep and you?" he murmured his question as they left the lab.

"Yeah, why would something be wrong?"

"I don't know, it seems to me that I haven't seen her for years. She's still gone and you never call each other as you always do."

"Okay, two things. First, Pepper and I take a little break-"

"What? You're kidding, right?" Peter interrupted.

"No, and don't interrupt me. We just need a little time to settle a few things. Second, I have to go upstate, so you are going to Pepper. She missed you too, so it's okay. She's got some meetings here in town, but she'll be with you otherwise."

"I'm so confused right now. Why would you need to take a break? Everything was fine. I mean, unless you did something like when you invited the terrorists to our house in Malibu. What did you do?"

"That hurts, kid. So little confidence in your own father. It's surprising, but this time I didn't do anything. It was a mutual agreement."

"Yeah, that's hard, dad. Don't take it personally, but you look awful in the last few days. I know that you are also missing her and I doubt that you would agree with something like that."

"Could we please stop discussing my relationship? You are going to Pepper for a few days, so it's a win for you. Deal with it. I can't control her for Christ's sake. If she wants from us, I mean from me, take a break so she gets it," he snapped, and Peter understood he had crossed the line. Not that they wouldn't normally discuss such a thing, but there was a lot to do with his father now, and instead of comfort, he brought him more pain by trying to discuss it.

"Why can't I come with you?" he asked as he changed the subject from Pepper.

"The Avengers will be there and I have to take that annoying Ross with me."

"Oh, okay. Will you call me?" he asked. Normally he would have argued with him that he could still go, but he really wasn't right now. His father didn't need to worry about anyone finding out that he existed at the moment. He was glad to be in the same building as the Avengers. The thing was that only a few people knew about him, and he liked to approach the building so he wouldn't be spotted. Just like aunt Nat had taught him. Exactly three people of the Avengers, knew about him unless he counted his father. The first was his uncle Rhodey, who knew him from the very beginning because he was his father's best friend. The second was Natasha Romanov. She was sent to watch his father when he was seven. Until then, only Pepper was in his life. He knew Pepper wasn't his mother, but she wasn't his aunt either, she was more. And Peter really wanted his aunt, so he started calling Nat aunt. So Natasha Romanov became an aunt to him. The third and last is Bruce Banner. After the attack on New York, he and his father became brothers in science. Peter spent a lot of time with them in the lab, and Bruce quickly became Uncle Bruce. That was it.