Part 2

Closing the window, Ren pushed the curtains together somewhat roughly. Stepping back, he sighed as the faint murmur could still be heard. On a night like this where the sky was clear and the air fresh, the noise was most likely going to continue for a while.

"Thank you," yawned Jimin, "They seem to be getting louder as the weeks pass," he rubbed eyes and folded the letter and smiled as he placed it away.

"What does it say?"

"He says he'll do his best to figure something out," Jimin leaned back in his chair and Ren nodded.

"He's never let us down. I'm sure he'll find a way," said Ren.

"Yeah he always finds a way," said Jimin. His mind drifted back to his friend and hoped that he was okay. If only I was with him, he thought. The chanting from outside shuttered, increasing the vibration of the murmur. Ren gritted his teeth.

"When are you going to put an end to that," he pointed to the window.

"I told Tae that they need to quiet it down but what can we do if the people get caught up in it," shrugged Jimin.

"Quiet down? Jim, they need to end whatever they're doing completely," said Ren, "It's getting ridiculous."

Sighing Jimin ruffled his hair, "Some of the villagers weren't happy when I didn't allow the sermons last month."

"You can't please everyone. So, what if some of their supporters,"

"Believers," corrected Jimin and Ren rolled his eyes, "What? That's what those villagers told me when I called them supporters too," explained Jimin.

"Fine," gritted Ren, "So what if some of their "believers" don't like it. There are far more people who are disgruntled by this "new" interpretation of forest folk beliefs. It's nonsense."

"I know but who are we to keep people away from what they want to do and believe. We made it clear from the beginning that we would not discriminate against anyone who seeks haven in our village," said Jimin.

"I agree with you and I am not saying that we need to deviate from that. I'm just telling you that what is happening out there is not something we should allow to grow. They've even begun to spread their sermons to the capital."

"I heard so," Jimin pursed his lips.

"Jimin," he looked at Ren whose orange robe was hanging loose on his shoulders, "I'm advising you in all seriousness. We must put an end to it. Or at the very least get them to stop doing it in our village."

"I know Ren. I just don't know how to go about it. Their believers are increasing by the day," said Jimin quietly, the thoughts that he'd been ignoring creeping up again. With a concerned expression on his face, Ren was able to see the lines on his best friend's face.

"We'll figure," there was a knock on the door. Both turning, Ren waved for Jimin to remain seated. Shuffling over, he opened the door to find Chungha smiling at him.

"Hello Ren," she bowed at her elder, "Look who's finally arrived," she stepped out the way as she stood up. Eyes beaming at the other two faces, Ren ran to pull her into a hug.

"MELLOW!" Chaeyoung laughed brightly as his arms tightened around her. Hugging him back with equal strength. Having heard the shout Jimin rushed to the front door and smiled as he saw his sister being twirled around.

"My word you have been missed," smiled Ren as he placed her down and Chaeyoung giggled hugging him again. Jennie felt her energy lift at seeing Chae laugh so freely. But then she turned at the weight on her shoulder. Seeing Jimin grinning at her she smiled back.