56; Christmas PJ's

"Weeeeee!" Peter and I yelled as we slid down the hill again. By this point it was pitch black out besides the house lights and our clothes and hair were soaking wet. We spun backwards as we slid.

"Oof!" My back hit something and I came to a halt, Peter fell backwards. I looked up to see Steve staring down at us.

"Oh, hello..." I laughed nervously.

"Good evening, Ms. Stark." Steve said sarcastically. "I seem to be missing something, I wonder what it could be..." he tapped his chin.

"Uhh... yeah, sorry about that." I stood up, chuckling, and handed the shield to him. Peter stood up as well and the rest of the gang joined us at the bottom of the hill. Behind Steve, I could see Tony walking out of the house and sighed.

"Am I in trouble?" I yelled to him as he walked over.

"Of course not!" He yelled back. "You saved my ass two months ago, I'm morally obligated to never be mad at you again!"

I smiled at my friends, their mouths twitching into smirks as well.

"Don't think you're off the hook just yet," Steve caught our attention again. "You didn't save me." My stomach sank at his cold expression, which soon, thankfully, changed back to a smile. "I'm just messin' with you, Squirt. I don't mind you using it. Plus, I'm trying to beat everyone else for the Best Uncle Award." He ruffled my wet hair and nudged me jokingly.

"If all of you catch a cold, you're all being quarantined." Tony placed a hand on my shoulder, leading me back inside.

We stepped inside to see Clint, Laura and Scott waiting for us.

"You three look like you've been swimming." Clint laughed as his kids came into view.

"Cassie, your mother would have my head if she saw you like this. You know that, don't you?" Scott put his hand on Cassie's wet hair.

She nodded with a smile. "Yep!"

"Okay, great."

People began leaving one by one, and when Peter was about to leave we, somehow, managed to be alone by the door. We both looked around, making sure nobody was watching and I stood on my tip-toes to kiss him.

"8 inches apart!" Tony yelled from wherever he was, and we quickly pulled apart as if nothing happened. We laughed and I felt mischief bubble inside of me.

"I LOVE YOU PETER!" I yelled loud enough for Tony to hear me and winked at Peter.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, VICTORIA!" Peter replied.

Tony emerged from the kitchen, drying a plate in his hands, and I quickly rushed Peter out the door while we both laughed hysterically. I slammed the door and leaned back on it, making eye contact with Tony with a smirk on my face. He squinted his eyes, but I could see a smirk on his face as well as he walked back into the kitchen.

"You should change out of those clothes before you get sick." Tony said as I walked in, my wet socks leaving prints on the floor. "But, open this first." He took a box wrapped in red paper out of the cupboard.

Everyone must've seen the excitement on my face as my mouth fell open because they all started laughing. Tony handed me the gift and I laid it on the island, immediately ripping into it. I lifted the top off the box and tore away the tissue paper. Inside was a pair of red and white striped pajama pants and a red, flannel shirt that said 'My First Christmas' on the front.

"Oh my gosh!" I laughed, embarrassingly throwing my face into my hands. "Thank you, Tony!"

I headed upstairs to change, nearly slipping halfway up. My knee collided with the step and caught the attention of everyone downstairs.

"I'm okay! I'm okay."

They laughed at me. Steve, Thor, Nat and Bruce were staying the night, since it was Christmas. Peter wanted to stay, and I wanted him to stay, but he persisted that he had to go home to his aunt or she would lose her marbles.

I was pretty cold from being outside for so long in soaking wet clothes, so I decided to take a shower before getting dressed. I placed my new pajamas on the counter next to the sink. The hot water felt amazing against my cold skin and I think I could have stayed there forever. When I got out, I put on my new PJ's and admired myself in the stand-up mirror, hitting a bunch of poses. I slipped on my pink fuzzy slippers and put my damp hair into a messy bun.

When I walked back out to the balcony, I looked down over the living room to see everyone arranging sleeping bags, blankets and pillows all over the floor. The TV had Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer paused on it.

"Cool!" I exclaimed, running down the steps. I belly flopped onto what I assumed was my sleeping bag, because it was the only purple one there and Nat was already in hers.

"Can we sleep here?!" I asked Tony.

"No no no, this is just for the movie—"

"Pleeeeeeease!" I whined, squeezing my eyes together dramatically. I looked at Steve with puppy-dog eyes.

"Oh come on Tony, pleeeeeeease?" He motioned toward me. I smirked evilly.

"I'll think about it."

"Yay!" Steve and I threw our arms up in unison.

We made popcorn and got comfortable. Tony and I sat in front of the couch, Steve was to my right, Bruce was sitting in the rocking chair and Nat and Thor we're sitting on the couch. The only thing lighting up the room was the TV screen and the giant Christmas tree. I snuggled into my sleeping bag and watched the old fashion movie in awe. Tony would periodically stare at me with a smile as I was infatuated with the film, to which I replied "What?!"

"Are you gonna put out milk and cookies?" Tony asked after a while.

"Why?"

"For Santa."

"Tony, I'm 12."

"I'm 45, Steve your turn—"

I facepalmed. "Not what I meant! I mean I'm too old for that kiddy stuff."

"Guess someone's on the naughty list."

"Yeah. You." I smirked at him.

Around midnight, I felt my eyes begin to droop closed and leaned my head on Tony's shoulder. And, of course, we spent the night there.