Chapter Eleven: An Evening With Bill Cipher

-+—Bill—+-

My smirk turned into a smile.
Damnit, he was cute.

Pinetree attempted to get up, but failed and nearly crumbled to the ground. Luckily, I was there to catch him.

"Woah, take it easy. What's the rush?"

Pinetree looked as if he was going to say something but he bit his lip.  I raised an eyebrow, reading his mind.

Then, before I could even try, it hit me.

The dungeon.
He's thinking about the dungeon.

I gulped, what was this feeling? It was weird. I felt... like I was doing something wrong. I think humans call it..guilt? Yeah, Guilt.

Pinetree looked away, and I awkwardly set him back on his bed. "Pinetree.. I-"

"I don't want to hear it."
I stopped, startled. My expression changed, and I stepped back. No one has ever really cut me off like that before. No one had ever dared to disrespect me, Bill Cipher, like that. But I wasn't angry, I was surprised. Surprised that Pinetree would ever be brave enough to do something like that.

"Don't look at me like that. you're the one torturing people!" He snapped. Now I could feel myself getting a little angry.

"I'd watch your mouth Pinetree."

He glared at me. Tears formed in his eyes, seemingly out of anger, sorrow, and hate all at the same time. I held my position, still as a statue. Nobody, not even the one I loved, would get away with taking to me like that.

Wait, loved? 'Loved' feels like a strong word. Or maybe just the right one.

"You can't tell me what to do, you don't own me Bill!"

"Ehh.. kind of, though." I sneered. I was trying to make a joke, just to lighten the mood. He stuck his middle finger at me in response. Okay, now I was angry.

I grabbed his arm, digging my nails into it.

His angry expression quickly changed as I stared him down. It was fearful. Good. I thought, annoyed.

"I was going to explain, but if you won't listen then we just won't talk about it at all." Now he seemed real scared. He chuckled nervously.

"What, you think I'm going to throw you in the dungeon? I'm hurt, Pinetree, how could you even think it?" I looked at him, offended, then smirked.

"Oh no no no, we're going to do something so much more fun~" I loosened my grip on his arm and pulled him up off of the bed, making sure he didn't fall.

-+—Dipper—+-
I was carefully quiet as Bill led me out into the hall. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of what he would do. I didn't mean to yell at him but for god's sake- a dungeon?! I thought he was kidding about it!

Though, I'm not sure why I was so surprised. It was pretty bland for Cipher standards.

"Pinetree~" Bill's singsong voice echoed, bringing me back to reality. I looked up to see that we were standing in... a ballroom?

Bill let go of my arm, and I stepped back, surprised.

Looking around, I could see that the ballroom was huge, so big, actually, that I could barely see where it ended.

It was elegant, seeming to be magically lit up as there were no candles around. The only visible source of light was from a large chandelier in the center of the room.