Chapter 444

Y O U

It's been a week since the first time I was admitted to the hospital and never once I stepped out of it. Never once.

I guess my entire life is a joke, isn't it? My attempt at suicide was total failure yet now I was diagnosed with an incurable disease?

Hah! Let me insert Joker's quote here: I thought my whole life was a tragedy but now I know it's a comedy. Damn right.

Doctor Oh came back with the result last week and told us some unpleasant news. At first, my mom didn't want to trust him when he suggested me to be checked at the cancer ward. But in the end—as I keep feeling nauseous and getting weak, my mom finally gave in and took me for a biopsy.

And guess what the result was?

Blood cancer.

Am I living in a sad yet so cliché Korean drama world or what? Because when the doctor told us I was on stage four, I could only sigh and looked up at the white ceiling. Meanwhile, my mom was already trashing his table, telling him it just some bullshit.

However, I should have seen this coming. I mean, my dad died from the same disease too so...

Sigh.

"Y/N..." I turned my head to see Taehyung walked inside my room, bringing a pretty box in yellow in his hand. I tilted my head to the side before smiling.

"Is that?" He nodded and gave me a faint smile. He put it on the table next to my bed before opening the packaging and showed me three pieces of cheesecakes he bought. My favorite.

He sat on the small chair next to my bed before taking a piece and handed it to me.

"Thank you, Tae!" I grinned widely before taking a big bite of the delicacies.

My body tingled as I devoured the sweet yet salty cake. It's been a long time, well, a week-long since I ate something decent that actually has a taste. All the hospital food I can say— not bad, but bland most of the time.

I finished the first piece quicker than the lightning speed before then I turned around to meet Taehyung's sad gaze.

"Tae..." I trailed, licking the cream left on my fingers.

"Until when are you going to look at me like that?" Look at me with pity.

He forced a smile that didn't even reach his eyes.

"Until you get better." He said, holding the bedding rail tightly.

I placed a hand on top of his and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'll be better, I promise."

But we both know it was a promise that was bond to be a break.

I sat alone on my bed, staring outside the window. I looked down on my hand, there was an IV drip attached to it. I traced my hand over my face, I think I've been losing so much weight.

I didn't get to eat much because the more I eat the more I felt like throwing up.

Also, I've been losing so many hairs too. Due to the chemo but it's okay, I'm stuck on the hospital bed anyway, no one gonna sees me. I got a VIP room all to myself as well. It's nice but way too lonely sometimes. I wish I have someone to accompany—

"Y/N..." the door slid open revealing a familiar pale looking male in nurse uniform coming in.

As if the heaven knew what I dearly wished and granted it right away.