CH. 18 The Morning Of

Lucas stood tall, the rest of us petrified from the loud bang he had erupted.

I, amongst all of us, was (for obvious reasons) shitting myself the hardest.

It seemed as if it all happened in slow motion.

Lucas took long strides to my still frame, his chest heaving up and down with air surging rapidly through him.

My eyes grew bigger the closer he got.

Jesus Christ Violet, RUN! My self conscious screamed through my eardrums.

And if only I could do just that. She doesn't think I've already tried? My feet were glued to the wooden floor as if I had stepped in some wet cement and let myself dry here.

He was quick, his feet pounding on the floor, shaking my world back and forth.

And, before I knew it, I was hoisted up by the collar of the itty bitty piece of clothing I was wearing.

Lucas' sharp teeth protruded my vision, his hot breath fanning my face.

"Lucas! Put her down!" Chase bellowed from behind, but it was no use. In this moment it was just the beast, deadly, and I, captivated in fear.

My breath hitched and I kicked my feet around, feeling nothing but air for my feet to pathetically dance upon.

He tightened his grip on me, earning the sound of a tear, followed in suit by a rip right down the middle of my shirt.

He stared into my terrified eyes, leaving us quaint in occupied silence. My lip quivered, searching his face for any signs of remorse.

"L-Lucas," I could barely choke out, my breath falling out of my lungs.

His grip tightened.

The world blurred before us, murmurs of sound from our siblings ringing in our ears.

But, we couldn't make out what they were saying; for we were too encased in each others actions to focus on the rest's.

Slowly, he leaned forward, bringing his mouth toward my ear, "You need to watch your mouth. You really want me to hit you again like I did the other night?" He seethed slowly.

I kicked the air once again, trying to give myself a fleeting moment of chance to escape.

"Let g-" I coughed, feeling my eyes water up.

I can't breath.

I saw a smirk twitch onto his lips.

My fear only fueled him.

Lucas chuckled, "You're not going anywhere," He sighed, his voice darkening, "Actually on second thought, maybe you could pay a little visit to our dear ole father. Maybe that would do your attitude some good," He hissed.

At this, my heart rate doubled. I kicked at Lucas once again, flailing around helplessly.

"That's enough!" Lance's voice cut sharp through the air, snapping the beast back into reality.

He was much closer than we had known; abruptly pushing Lucas' shoulder— making him drop me.

My feet betrayed me, slipping out from under me and landing myself flat on my ass.

I peered up at the beast in horror to see him and Lance dueling it out.

"Piss off," Lucas grit, pushing Lance away from him in a rage.

Lance stumbled back, scrunching his face up at Lucas, "No. That was uncalled for, leave her alone— you know we don't get physical. Not with Violet," Lance spat, shaking his head at Lucas in disgust.