Chapter 14

You awoke in the middle of the night, shooting up from your bed in a thick layer of cold sweat. Was that all just a nightmare? Were your mom and Mikey really getting married? You hoped and prayed that it was all just a very bad dream.

You dropped your body back into the warmth of your bed, making Benny pop up beside you. Shoot, you forgot he was here. Unfortunately, it wasn't just a nightmare, and it was really happening. You sighed in defeat, while also feeling remorse for waking up Benny at three in the morning.

"I'm sorry I woke you up, I thought I had a bad dream." You whispered, voice still weak and hoarse from crying the night away. Benny wiped the sleep from his eyes, rising up on his elbow.

"It's okay." He shook it off, knowing you wouldn't do it intentionally. You were mentally breaking down, and probably felt like going out of your mind right now. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

You thought for a moment. You knew his intentions were pure, and he only wanted to help you in any way he could. You, however, didn't feel like sharing. It wasn't that you didn't trust him, heck, you trusted him more than your mother at this point. You simply just didn't want the topic brought up.

You glanced over at him with a furrowed brow, softly shaking your head. He didn't force you, or do anything to make you feel worse. He nodded, moving the pillow he was holding out of the way for you to snuggle close to him. You almost felt like crying again, but knew that Benny was probably tired and wanted to go back to sleep. You just tucked your head into his chest, knowing you were protected in your safe place. Nothing could hurt you as long as you were being held by Benny. He wouldn't let anything happen to you as long as he was around to stop it.

"I'm going to cancel the game tomorrow, okay?" He said softly, trying to help console you by making sure you didn't have to do anything the next day.

"Why? Benny we should play, it'll get me out of the house, and it'll take my mind off of things." You were quick to reply, seeing as how you clearly didn't want to be sitting around at home all day and thinking about your current situation. You'd rather forget about it completely, maybe it would just cease to exist.

"Are you sure you're okay enough to play?" He asked, raising his eyebrows in seriousness.

"Benny I'll be okay. As long as your there, I'll always be okay." Your hand found its natural spot at the side of his cheek, stroking it softly with your thumb.

Your response melted Benny's heart, along with just about everything else you ever did. Boy was this kid was so gone for you. He couldn't say no, especially if it could make you happy instead of depressed over your mom and her new fiancé.

"Okay." He nodded and gave you a soft smile while doing so.

"I love you." Your voice was soft again, as was your facial expression.

"I love you too, my love." He replied, not even catching the pet name he slipped in there.

Your head tilted in a sweet way, looking up at him with tired eyes.

"What'd you call me?" You couldn't help but feel a lazy smile come across your face. He's never really given you a nickname before.

He knew what he'd said, but somehow, he didn't expect it to be that big of a deal.

"My Love?" He posed it as a question, but you didn't say anything back to him. "Do you not want me to call you that?"

"No, I do. It's sweet."

He laughed lightly. He was happy that you liked his new nickname for you, because as far as you were concerned, he was now going to call you by that name only. Except when you were around the boys, and even then, he might try and sneak it in when they're not listening.