Scar

Happy Monday!

I hope this update finds you feeling well!

Enjoy!

♥     ♥     ♥

The chiffon skirt of the dress spun beautifully at her knees as Enid twirled before the mirror.

Intricate silver leaves were woven into the sheer fabric, spanning across her waist and down her arms.

Her back was completely bare, save for the line of stitched leaves that flowed down her spine.

A light dusting of rosy makeup lightened her features and her curls were twisted back in a neat bun.

"Exquisite." Came a breathless voice from behind her.

Turning, she found Alexander in the doorway.

Perfectly clad in an expensive suit, his golden curls pushed back.

"Thank you." She blushed, her eyes following him as he walked across the closet toward her.

"It's just missing one thing." His voice low as he retrieved something from one of the drawers she had yet to explore.

He turned her back toward the mirror with a warm hand on her waist.

Delicately, he placed a thin golden chain around her neck and fastened it.

Three small hearts sat at the center of the dainty necklace.

The cool metal pressed against her throat, but not uncomfortably so.

She admired the way it sparkled against her fair skin, the placement almost like that of a collar.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." Enid smiled sweetly up at him as his hands came to rest on her hips.

"Only the best for you, angel." He murmured against her shoulder, his amber eyes meeting her own in the mirror.

She melted against him.

"All of this feels like a dream sometimes." Her whisper floated through the air before them.

Alexander turned her in his arms, so she was facing him.

He pressed a searing kiss to her lips that stole the air from her lungs.

"There's nothing more real than this, Enid." His promise quieted her mind.

Theodore and Dante were waiting for them in the entrance hall, both clad in fitting suits of their own.

Enid swallowed as their eyes darkened upon noticing her.

She didn't know how she was going to survive an evening with the three of them looking so devilishly handsome.

After a showering of compliments and helping her into her coat, they stepped into the waiting car out front.

Enid sat in the back with Dante, her fingers laced with his as they passed the massive gates.

The drive to Boston felt short as she chatted with the men and she soon found herself staring in wonder at the towering buildings once more.

It felt like years had passed since she had been in the city with Alexander for the charity event.

So much had changed.

A valet opened the door for her when they pulled up beside an ostentatious building.

Enid glanced around in wonder as they walked inside the low-lit room.

Massive chandeliers lined the ceiling, finely dressed men and women laughed and ate around white tablecloth tables.

As the foursome approached the hostess desk, the woman immediately led them to a table toward the back.