lost | william vangeance x depressed!reader

Author's Note:

The song above is just beautiful. I love it. (You don't have to start it at any particular time.)

*Emotional writing has joined the chat*

If fanfic revolving around depression or suicide is triggering for you, then please, please, please, ignore this oneshot. The last thing I want to do is initiate any harmful thoughts. I love you all. Stay safe.

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

You couldn't quite see it in the way she smiled. You wouldn't suspect it in the way she cared so deeply for her friends. You can't catch the anguish in her every move. With your naked eye, you can't see shit. She's lost...and you can't find her.

William's Point of View:

After spending most of my day on a mission, I'm finally venturing back to my office. The sun has vanished from the sky and the stars are agleam. To be honest, I miss when I had the time to stargaze. Now that I'm a captain, my duties preclude any sort of leisure. There's only one person keeping me from going mad nowadays. She's been by my side ever since I was a child and had to endure being shunned away by society. Because of my face, I was labeled as an outcast. But when I met (Y/n), she didn't judge me upon first glance. She welcomed me as I was. I didn't have to change for her. And thanks to her everlasting benevolence, I feel like she's my safe haven... She's always been my safe haven.

As I'm turning the corner, I spot Klaus discussing something with Langris. Based on their expressions alone, it looks important. I catch Langris' eye and he salutes before asking an interesting question, "Captain, have you seen Vice Captain (Y/n) anywhere? Apparently, no one's been in contact with her for a whole week."

My eyes broaden in dismay. Now that I think about it, she should've gotten back from her last mission nearly two weeks ago.

"Hm...did she return from her latest mission? Sometimes it could take days before messages are relayed back to headquarters," I answer instructively.

Klaus salutes to me as well and responds, "Yes. We have her mission report. Mimosa Vermillion happened to be accompanying her on the mission and claims that (Y/n) returned back to headquarters with her that night. Other than that, we've received no other indication of her whereabouts."

"Very well then, I'll search for her myself. Thank you for bringing this to my attention," I say, proceeding to my office.

I unknowingly clench my fists as a result of the anxiety surging through me. It's not like her to just spontaneously disappear. I mean, (Y/n)'s always been a bit spontaneous, sure, but not like this. She cares deeply about her job, and would never just abandon it without warning. Before I go to find her, I'll ask Mimosa a few more questions.