Part XLI (41)

A/N: I'm just going to leave this here...

I caught myself staring out my window. Correction, I caught myself staring at my reflection in the window.

My dress half pulled up my arms, resting limply. My leggings hugging the fullness of my thighs, the plumpness of my hips. My bra straining under its new weight, I needed to get a new one and it was on my ever-growing to-do list. The last time I'd looked like this, it had been before Caleb and I parted ways.

I smiled; I looked and felt more like myself.

My grin stretched the last remaining fleck of scab on my cheek. Drawing my eyes to the road-map of the last month. My bruises have dulled to a greenish shade. The cut in my hairline a glossy pink scar, easily covered with the right part. But the scab had finally gone away.

My arm was still healing because burns were a major pain in the ass, but the pink new skin was well on its way.

I almost didn't recognize myself and I've come a long way since that scrappy, fainting, refugee that Sweets had dragged into his home.

My phone chirped and I jumped, throwing the dress over quickly and adjusting it to fit as it should. Maybe I shouldn't be standing in front of an uncovered window with the bright lights on and my bra on full display.

But this high up I doubt it really mattered who saw me in my boobie hat.

Grabbing my phone off the bed, I scrolled through Tony's text and grinned.

Why is there a tree in our living room,

And why are there boxes beneath it?

Ho ho ho

D, you can't be serious.

You just gave us an apartment.

It is the holiday of cheer, Anthony.

Accept the miracles of the season.

You're Insane.

Unhinged.

Your halo is on too tight and

you've lost all sense of reason.

1. Rude

2. My halo is currently

out for polishing

3. Enjoy the tree dingus. It has pine air

fresheners for that authentic smell. ;)

4. Humor this aging lady, I've had a rough year

That's cheating.

You can't use pity to get your way.

Watch me.

When did you even get this thing in here?