20. Furious Siddharth

Preeti's point of view

It's already a 7 p.m of the evening but my work isn't complete yet. There is a some problem in cash.

When I telly the cash it shows short in cash. Cash in my hand did not match the records in computer. I start getting panic. I telly the cash again and again but it shows same result. It never happened before by me. I mean it happen before  that the cash was get short by mistake but it happen first time by me and that to be 50,000 rs.

I go to the manager and tell him everything. He scolded me in front of everyone and soon every member of staff start searching  the cash. Some check the files of withdrawal and deposit  and some check the telly register again. But everyone fails to found out that where the cash got short.

"Preeti....Preeti..." Manager(my boss) started shout my name.

"I already warn you about today that I don't  want any mistakes. Your three month salary will be cut. This is your mistake. So you have to pay for it." Manager yelled on me.

"Sorry sir...but how this was my mistake. It never happen before by me. Please..don't cut my salary. I'll pay you in installments." I pleaded  in front of him. Now staff  gathered to watch the drama where Manager sir shouting on me.

"No, sir...don't listen to her. Just cut her three month salary so she get the lesson." Priyanka  said venomously.

"She always do her work carelessly. Today also She is talking to someone on phone. I saw her from my desk." She said looking at me.

Then it clicks in my mind that Priyanka  handel the cash counter when  I went to Nidhi to help her in some loans.

"Priyanka handel the cash for sometime when I went to Nidhi to help her. Maybe it's her mistake that she got the cash short." I said to manager.

"What did you just said, you whore. You left the counter for just a minute. You were busy whoring around  that's why cash got short." Priyanka said with in anger. Tears welled  up in my eyes hearing her vulgar words for me.

"Priyanka watch your language before speak." manger said to her.

"No sir I'm telling the truth. She spread her legs in front  of everyone to get her job done from them and when they couldn't full fill her wish she stole money from here." She said looking at me with so much hatred.

Tears are not stopping from  my eyes when she said such things to me. Thank God Siddharth isn't  here yet. What will he think about me if he heard such false things about me and how people treated me like a trash in my work place and what they think about me. What will he think that I have no respect at my work place. Thinking all of this fresh tears streamed out from my eyes.

Everyone  is watching  all this like a show but no one came forward to stop Priyanka say such words to me they all were just stood there like a statues and hear her vulgar words to me.

Not everyone in here is bad as Priyanka, some of them are kind and are my friends but they all afraid to say anything against to her cause they don't want to lose their job. I looked at Nidhi for help that she come in front and tell everyone truth about Priyanka but she smirked at me.

How could  I forget that she is one of the minions of Priyanka. Nobody  wants to mess with her because she is a girlfriend  of our boss and the daughter of the management head of the city.

"Please, don't say this." I whispered between my sobs while lowering my head.

"What happen bitch, can't hear your truth." She mocked me.