Archetypes

Dick was really getting on his brother's nerves. not on purpose, of coarse, He was just doing his obnoxious preteen thing. but Jason was not having it.

"Can you shut up? God! you're just like the annoying Team Baby Trope."

"What, no I'm not-"

 Jason began listing the elements on his fingers. "Way too young to be on said team, Tragic family backstory so as to make the audience sympathize, super short, ball of sunshine..."

Dick huffed a little. "Yeah well you're like the closeted gay Disney channel character!"

"Are you calling me Ryan Evens?" Jay grinned at his brother with fake offence.

"Yeah! and that eyeliner kid from Descendants 2!"

"Harry?" Tim commented, not wanting to make a big deal of knowing the whole cast of the Descendants."

"Yeah!" Dick exclaimed. "You un-ironically wore dramatic makeup to school all of last week, your whole wardrobe *needs* to fit your aesthetic, your costume is red leather, you wear fingerless gloves, you literally spend all your time with an tween posse you call "The Outsiders". you're seriously the most extra gay character ever! not to mention your boyfriend..."

"Alright, alright, that's fair." Jason admitted. "But what does that make Good ol' Timmy?"

 "'90s white boy hacker." Damian's voice called from the couch. the two younger brothers burst out laughing.

"I'm in." Dick grumbled in a quiet voice, which just made Jason laugh more. 

Tim flushed a little. "Soo, Demon must be the emotionally distant character who gets wonderful little siblings and learns to love."

"No, That's Bruce's designated trope." Dick explained. "Damian is Clearly a Tsundere!"

It turns out that provoking ex-assassins with anime tropes isn't  the smartest idea.

Stupid kids.