Chapter II

Always

The strength,

The bravery,

And the boldness to be free,

You gave it all to me.

•••

He can hear her words complaining about him. He had to suppress a groan since he was in an interview.

He was about to share a piece of his mind with her when he was drawn out of his thoughts, "Hyung." Jungkook said after shaking him.

Namjoon looked around to realize everyone was looking at him. "Huh? Oh... We came up with this theme for ARMYs. They've been our strength and gave us courage to do everything. We never expected this. It's all because they believed in us and trusted us." The answer flowed past his lips like a rehearsed verse.

This tickled his heart. He felt reassured that despite having to cater to his oblivious bond again and go through this torturous cycle of making her realize that she had a mate, he can count on his members and the ARMYs for always being there for him.

...

"Don't be so rigid again." The manager scolded Namjoon as they left the studio.

A heavy sigh escaped him, "Sorry manager-nim."

Everyone eyed him warily. They can feel his tense aura and the worry rolling down his sagged shoulders.

What did I do to deserve this? The words echoed in his mind. If not for having the confirmation of the bond, he would've passed those words as a creation of his own.

He was growing more worried about her than himself.

You didn't do anything wrong. He consoled her. Everything is going to be alright.

It broke his heart to say those hollow words. Since he still couldn't find the source of her sorrow, since he still couldn't understand her situation and since he had to repeat a viscious cycle again... He had to start from the beginning, again and again.