Chapter Twenty Three

RILEY POV

The weekend went fast, and I had not heard from Wyatt and he's not been to see the children. I came first in my race yesterday. I was quieter than normal, and my father asked what was wrong I just said it was a few things that Wyatt and I need to sort out.

When I woke this morning, I wasn't feeling well so; I did the children's breakfast and went back to bed. I feel tired I got a migraine that will not go away. I have taken painkillers, but nothing is working. So, I took myself back to bed to relax. I laid in bed and closed my eyes.

********

WYATT POV

It's been a couple of days; I haven't heard Riley or the children. I just didn't know what to do. I had a few meetings that I needed to get to. Alex was busy with meetings too.

Riley hadn't turned up in the office for the last couple of days. Alex asked what was going on, I told him to speak to his mother.

I was sitting in the conference room in a middle of a meeting when my phone rings. I look at it and it's Freya. I looked at the people sitting at the oval desk then at my phone.

"I need to take this," I say and answer my phone.

"Freya I am in a middle of a meeting," I was slightly annoyed.

"Dad. It's mum," She sounds upset.

"Look I will have to call you back," I say and look at everyone in the room.

"Dad. Mum's not moving she's been in her bed for two days and not moved," I took a deep breath.

"What do you mean she's not moving?" I asked and sit down. All my mixed feelings were circling my body.

"Blake went to his friends two days ago and Aria and I were on a two-day trip. When we left two days ago mum said she wasn't feeling well and went and laid down on her bed. Blake had already left. When we were ready to leave mum was in bed sleeping," Freya was now crying, and I could hear Blake in the background shout at Riley to wake up.

"Freya I will be there as soon as I can," I hang up the phone.

"Sorry, gentlemen I have a family emergency," I walked out of the conference room and to my office. I grab my briefcase and lock my office up.

I walk over to Alex's office.

"Alex. Freya just rang. Your mother won't wake up," Alex shoots me a look then bolts out of his chair and puts his jacket on and we leave together.

We are sitting in the limo on our way to the house.

"What did Freya say?" Alex asks.

"They had been away for two days and when they got back your mother was in bed asleep. They couldn't wake her," I didn't know what to think.

"You didn't contact mum?" Alex was concerned.

"No Alex I didn't. So much had happened, and I told your mother I need time," I run my fingers through my hair.

"You really have no idea what mum went through when you were missing. I had to sit there and watch my mother's heart break. She cried herself to sleep every single night. She would sit at the kitchen table and tell us she was waiting for you to come home. She had lost her sanity when she thought you were gone," Alex was not happy with me.

"I know your mother went through a lot. I was the one living the nightmare," I had raised my voice.

The limo reached the house and Alex jumped out before the limo had stopped. I got out and walked into the house. I could hear Alex shouting and the girls crying. Blake was screaming.