Chapter 4

(Asher Above)

After a nightmare filled and sleepless night I wake for the final time to the sound of metal banging against metal.

I lift my head up to see Tobias standing at the entrance to our dorm room and banging a pole against the door. I just drop my head back down onto my pillow.

"Everyone get up. Be in the training room in thirty minutes" Is all he says before he turns and leaves.

I let myself lay down for a few more seconds before I get up. Looking around I see the other transfer split between those getting up and getting ready and those lingering in bed. Two beds down from me one guy is still completely asleep. He doesn't seem to have anyone trying to wake him and after waiting a minute I decide to wake him up myself.

I get up, not caring about being in nothing other than Eric's shirt, and walk over to his bed. I grab his shoulder and start to shake him. It takes a few seconds before he starts to stir.

"W-What?" He says with sleep still in his voice, eyes closed. I don't say anything and just grab his blanket before ripping it off of him.

"What the fuck ?!" He says as he jumps up from bed in nothing other than a shirt and boxers. When he does I see just how tall he was. He was at least 6 feet tall with brown eyes and a solid build. He looks at me expecting an answer but I just point behind him before turning to get dressed.

I guess he got the message that he needed to get ready since he didn't say anything else to me. Just as I finished getting ready in yesterday's clothes, I really need to get new ones, I was walking out when the boy I had works shows up beside me.

"Thanks for waking me, I'm Asher" he says as he walks beside me, he sticks out his hand towards me and after a moment of hesitation I take it, shake once then let go.

We don't say anything else as we walk to type cafeteria. When we get there we get our food and then find a place to sit, all in complete silence.

We eat quickly before heading towards the training room we were shown the day before. We see some of the transfers in front on Eric and Tobias so we go towards them. When we reach them there's still ten minutes until everyone has to be there so I take a seat on the ground. Asher just continues to stand behind me.

The time passes quickly before everyone arrives and Tobias starts to speak.

"Alright training begins today. It will be split into three parts. The first is physical, the second is mental, and the last is the final test. You will be ranked throughout your initiation"

He then looks to Eric who finishes the speech.

"You will be ranked together with the dauntless-born but for the first stage you will be trained separately. The tank will determine the order for job placement and who gets cut."

Before he can say anything else Asher asks what he means by cut.

"Well there's no going back to your families so you'll be factionless. You chose us, now we get to choose you." Eric tells us in a way that says final discussion on the topic.

"We will be demonstrating fight technique today so everyone line up in front of a bag" Tobias says as he point to a row of huge bags hanging from the ceiling that I hadn't noticed before.

I immediately go to the one in the far corner and like a shadow Asher follows and takes the one next to me.

We watch as Tobias demonstrates the correct way to punch, my eyes wander around before they land on Eric who just sits on a small ledge and watches. Our eyes catch and for some reason I just stare into his blue eyes. We keep contact, just staring, until Tobias claps his hands break me out of my trance and I see everyone turn towards their bags.