Chapter twenty three

His red eyes pierces into me so hard that I could feel it on my skin. His anger. I hated it. I have seen his eyes red before, many times. This time was different because it was directed at me.

"Going somewhere Charlotte?" Calvin growls out.

That was the exact second I forgot how to breathe and I'm 100% sure my heart stopped. As soon as I heard him say my name, I felt relief but also panic. He knew who I was. I try to swallow the panic down and throw on my brave face. But failed and I grimace when his hazel eyes return but the anger doesn't go anywhere nor does the scowl that plasters his face.

I open the door and step out.

"Don't do it in front of the kids"I plea.

I don't know what he planned but I'm pretty sure he wanted to yell at me. He looks at my backseat where the twins sat. Lily waved whilst Cameron just stared at him.

"Move to the other side."he growls

"What"

"Move to the passenger side"he repeats through his clenched jaw.

"What? No this is my car."I'm embarrassed to attempt I stomped my feet.

"Well I'm driving it back."he snaps back

"I was turning back"I said softly.

Not sure he would believe me.

"Sure you were"

he didn't

"I was"I promised.

"Charlotte"he leaned in. "Move to the passenger side now"he almost shouted.

"But-"

He had cut me off with his demand"NOW"

With that being said...I moved to the passenger side.

-----------

"Don't move"he says to me when we arrive at the house moonlight members are staying at.

I scowl at him but do what he says. He leaves the car and walks to the poach. Cole came out before Calvin even knocked. I couldn't hear what they were saying although I could have if I wanted to. Cole looks up at makes eye contact with me before nodding at Calvin.

Both men walk up to the car and open the backseat.

"Hello kiddos"Cole greets the twins.

"Uncle Cole"they both cheer in unison.

"I take care of them while you two talk about your differences"although he was addressing both of us, Cole was looking at me.

I didn't reply but I did nod before turning my head away.

The disappointed look he gave me few hours ago is still swimming in my brain and I can't help but be hurt.

"Thank you Cole"Calvin replies.

Thank you Cole. I mimic him in my head.

-mature-

Screw you snowy. You're the one who got us in this mess in the first place.

-me? What did I do?-

If you didn't make me second guess myself, I would have been long gone.

-yes but you know it would have been the wrong thing to do-

I would have figured that out and return with a clear head.

-how did he even know who you were?-