Ch. 18

2 days later

After Cameron took his place as Alpha I isolated myself from everyone's pitiful stares, judging eyes, and the I'm so sorries. I hate when people pity me. The only people I talk to are my children. I have been rebuilding a stronger connection to them. But let's talk about the Vampire in the room.

And I mean literally.

This damn bloodsucker has followed me everywhere I went.

He's been following me everywhere I go watching me  and my kids with a cold stare. And intimidating everyone in my pack. He had only shown one facial expression the whole time and that was annoyance from when a group of male wolves came in from pack practice drenching in sweat. His exact words were,

"Wet dog."

"Stop staring at me." I growl as I feel his cold stare watch my every move. "Am I allowed to speak to my rightful children that were claimed under another male who just so happened to be a sadistic feral dog?" He asks in a dull sarcastic tone.

"No." I say through gritted teeth for the hundredth time.

"Then I will continue to stare at you." He mocks. Do all Kings act petty? Or is it just the sexy vampire ones?

"I just tried to kill my mat-"

"Ex-mate." He hisses interrupting me with serious eyes.

"I just tried to kill my ex-mate what makes you think that I won't try to kill you?" I ask watching the leaf outside slowly fall to the ground.

"Because unlike that mutt my bond with you is real and you wouldn't be able to live with yourself." He says in that deep voice of his.

I walk pass him and search for my kids. Ever since Kason turnt out to be a lying son of a bitch I don't trust my kids around anybody. I let a psycho hang around my kids by hisself.

I find all four of them hanging around Aiden. Looking at his...fangs. The oversized vampire is quickly right behind me and he looks at Aiden. All of my kids look at...I should really ask him his name. They all look at Mate with full attention on him. Like they felt him as soon as he entered the room.

Well because he is their father. Real father. Estrella mocks. I roll my eyes and look at the kids with amusement.

He staring down at the four kids in front of him with a confused face like he honestly doesn't know what to do. Aiden runs up to him and smiles show his fangs. "Hi mister...look at my teeth." Aiden says pointing at his sharp fangs.

The vampire looks at me with eyes that literally say, "You either allow me to speak to them willingly or I completely ignore your rules and speak to them anyways"

I nod my head and he crouches down. "You wanna see mine?" He asks in a soft voice that's not exactly fatherly but also not the cold irritated one.

"Yea," Aiden says his attention fully on Mate. Mate extracts his fangs and now Jaylyn, Damien, and Caden are looking.

"Wow... Aiden his are longer than yours." Damien says with big eyes. "Shut up no they aren't." Aiden says pouting.

I look around the place to see the wolves staring daggers at Mate. I let out a low growl by instinct protecting what's mine. I see Rose come in and she has bags under her eyes. I run towards her feeling like I have seen her in years. "Rose have you been sleeping?" I ask pushing a string of hair behind her ear. "No...my mate, your brother wolf has been on edge and I spent all my energy trying to calm him." I look at my mate interacting with my kids and I realize everyone is on alert.

My mate is watching every move everyone makes and I thought it's pretty cool how he can be in a house full of wolves and still intimidate each and every one of them. Including me. And also how he doesn't seem to care about how he makes every feel, in fact he seems even amused by it.

I see mate stand up straightening his posture and walks towards me. Rose quickly leaves and I sigh. "We need to get back to my territory. I have a coven to run." He says gaining back his formality.

I feel the dangerous and powerful chemo signals he's letting off but I stand my ground. "I just figured out my mate is a lying bastard and you expect me to run off with my kids to a territory I have no security in?" I ask stepping away from him. How dare he?!

"Again. Ex-mate, get that through your head or I will bring him back to life only to kill him again and this time in front of his entire pack and If I wanted you dead...or any of the rest of your pets you would have been dead. Now like I said I have a coven to run."

"Fuck you," Is all I say causing him to glare harshly at me.

"Believe me love, I would...matter fact I would do it over and over again but I don't think that's appropriate for the timing and everything," he says smartly causing me to turn red with wide eyes not knowing what to say.