Chapter Twenty-Three

It has been three days since we adopted Ryan and everything was okay now. The police found Crystal and she is now locked up. In the meantime Margaret and her father's ticket were booked already. She will be here in a few along with Neil. I wonder how everything is going on there between her and Neil.

Neil seemed to be interested in Margaret, and who wouldn't? Her beautiful dirty blonde hair would just hypnotize him in any way. Neil may be a jerk sometimes, but he would be the perfect boyfriend or husband one day. I wonder if Margaret and Neil would end up being husband and wife one day.

That would be so awesome! I would have someone to accompany me since Sarina and grandma are out of town for god knows how long. You see, I have only talked to Sarina once since my marriage and I really miss them. I can't wait for her and grandma to return.

"Mommy, look, Daddy brought ice-cweam!!" Ryan ran into the kitchen as I prepared dinner.

I smiled at him and ruffled his hair a bit making a blush appear on his cute chubby cheeks. You wonder why he's calling Xavier and I mommy and daddy, right? Well, Xavier has been teaching him, I don't know why, but every time Ryan calls me that, I feel that feeling in my stomach. It's maybe the wish of having my own kid got fulfilled. Ryan still had some of the injuries such as the ribs and the broken arm, but overall he was healing quickly and was as happy as he always seems. 

"You go, I'll be there in a few." I said.

"Okay, mommy." He said with a adorable grin on his face and ran away.

I turned off the stove and closed the pot. I washed my hands and walked to Xavier and I's room after wiping my hands on my shorts. I breathed out as I closed the door. I was super tired today. I went to the store to buy some groceries and cleaned up our room after that. I even made dinner.

I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I really wasn't going to go in front of Xavier all sweaty and all. He'll have to wait, since he's home early today, and brought ice cream. I stripped out of my clothes and jumped into the shower.

I thought about my new life as Xavier's wife. It was so different. It was filled with happiness and I hope it stays like that. The warm water streamed over my body, leaving a good feeling behind. Suddenly my thoughts drifted to our honeymoon.

I really wanted it to be perfect, but with Aidan being there, it felt like everything got spoiled. I thought he would leave me alone when he finds out that I'm married, but no, he has to come and ruin my honeymoon with my husband.

Husband.

It still felt weird to call Xavier my husband. I don't know why, but on the other side, it feels good to have him as mine. Gosh. What's happening to me? Why am I feeling things like this? It feels so fuzzy. Suddenly the question popped into my mind.

Do I love Xavier?

---

"Finally the queen arrives!" Xavier said, making little Ryan giggle.

I bowed in front of them, playing along. Xavier chuckled and pulled me towards him on the couch. His arms wrapped around me while my head was on his shoulder. Ryan jumped and sat on my lap, making me make an 'Oomph' sound. Ryan giggled and kissed my cheek all of a sudden, making my eyes grow wide.

After a while we sent Ryan up to his room, so it was very silent. I was bored, to be honest. I heard Xavier close the door behind us. I immediately jumped on the bed and watched as Xavier smirked charmingly and walked to the closet. He pulled out this white button up shirt, so he was shirtless now.

My breath caught my throat once again and I couldn't take my eyes off him. He smirked at me and purposely placed his hand on his abs. I swallowed and tried to look the other way, but I couldn't. He chuckled and turned around to enter the walk in closet as he shook his head. That's when it caught my eye.