002

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

Why do I expect things to be different?

"Hey Hobi," I grinned as I approached his desk.

"Hello Hwayoung." He ruffled my hair with a kind smile adorning his face, making me melt. "How's my favorite ballerina?"

"Exhausted. Yesterday I messed up my routine. I confused my grand jeté with my saut de chat, thrice," I sighed as I rubbed my forehead.

He rubbed circles on my back in soothing patterns. "You're doing it again, ballerina," he whispered in my ear.

I knew he was smiling without even looking at him.

"What are you going on about Hoseok?" I managed to answer, but my voice failed me as it trembled at the end.

"Stop over stressing, okay? Everyone knows you're a dance prodigy. Why are you so hard on yourself?" His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at my tired eyes.

"I just don't want to disappoint."

"Who? Your parents? You know they'd always be proud of-"

"Myself," I mumbled. "I have high expectations for myself, and if I want to become a professional ballet dancer then I need to practice until I reach almost perfection."

He sighed and shook his head. "Nothing I say will ever convince my little ballerina, I'm afraid," he chuckled.

"Never," I smiled heartily as he shook his head at my stubbornness.

"Hi Hobi." A voice chimed.

"H-hi Bong-Cha." He rubbed the back of his neck as a nervous smile lingered on his lips.

I wish you looked at me like that.

"What were you guys talking about?" She inquired excitedly.

"Oh, just Hwayoung telling me about her dancing." His nonchalant attitude caught me off guard since he always displayed a cheerful persona. "What about you? How are you and Kim Woobin?"

His attempt to hide the disgust in his tone when he mentioned her ex boyfriend's name was almost laughable.

"Oh, we broke up. He was too possessive; I always felt uneasy in our relationship." She shrugged and he nodded, a smile fighting its way onto his face.

Ah yes, another who pretended to be my friend to get closer to Bong-Cha.

"Isn't he your friend?" Hoseok suddenly turned to me, catching me by surprise. "I remember you used to hang out a lot for a couple of weeks."

"N-no. We only hung out because of our class assignment since we were partners, but we weren't friends," I quickly decline his claim.

He simply realized Bong-Cha was my best friend and started talking to me more often, until he finally caught me in a time where I was with her.

Once I introduced them, he saw me as a ghost. To him, I was never there anymore. After all, he had found his destination, right?

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:
helloo!
i know jimin is not here yet but please be patient loves. he will be around in the next few chapters, very soon i assure u!
i wanted to post this chapter already because, honestly, i've been a bit nervous since i published the story. i really hope u all like it.
stay safe and healthy, always<3