■ T W E N T Y - N I N E ■

With my hand firmly held in James's, we walked down the hallway at school. Groups of teens stared at us as we walked past because apparently they had nothing better to do. James squeezed my hand reassuringly and I looked over at him.

We were okay, and doing okay and now we decided to make our high school debut. They were going to find out eventually but at least now, we control it.

Chase walked behind us, throwing glares at the girls that formed Caitlyn's group of friends. They were whispering behind their hands and we just knew it wouldn't be ling until we dealt with the devil herself.

We weren't trying to make a show of our new relationship, we just wanted to walk to class like normal but now there was a spotlight and it shone on our hands like a beacon.

"You okay?" James asked as we stopped at his locker.

He twisted his lock and opened the metal door, pushing books in and pulling books out.

"I'm fine, I just don't know why everyone is staring at us," I replied, shifting uncomfortably.

"It's going to die down eventually, something else will happen and we'll be forgotten." James said, glancing at me with a small smile.

"You say that like you don't want to be forgotten."

"Well I don't but I also don't want to be gawked at like animals at a zoo," James replied.

I bit back a smile. "Well we are animals at a zoo," I replied, gesturing to the hallway behind him.

Chuckling, he turned back to his locker.

"James!" A sickly sweet gremlin voice called out.

I visibly saw James stiffen and heard him curse under his breath. Turning around, he pained a bright smile on his face. "Hello Caitlyn," he replied.

Pulling my books closer to my chest, I watched as she stormed over to us, walking like a child who just got told no.

"There's rumours going around that you're in another relationship," she screeched.

I winced. "So what if I am, I see it no concern of yours," James replied, before glancing at me.

I rolled my eyes and he grinned. "Who is it!" She demanded.

James narrowed his eyes. "I honestly don't have to tell you a damn thing because I don't owe you anything," he answered.

"Who's the girl cause I swear I will kill her!"

Quickly noticing James step forward, I grabbed his arm, causing Queen bitch to look at me.

"Excuse me, we're having a conversation!" She snapped at me.

By god I wanted to punch her, so I settled for a less violent approach. "Excuse me, but I'm borrowing my boyfriend," I snapped back.

James chuckled as Caitlyn's face drained white. "Ready?" He asked me, turning his full attention to me.

I nodded.

Taking my hand again, he slammed his locker close and we began walking to class. "Sorry, I didn't know if we were dropping that bomb on her but it was either that or I punch her," I said, looking over at him.

He shook his head. "To be honest, I would've loved to see you punch her, I reckon you would win," he said grinning.

I rolled my eyes as we stopped walking in front of my class. "Well I hope you have fun," he said glancing into the filling room.

Sighing, I tilted my head up.

"Save me?" I begged.

Quirking the corner of his mouth up, hemoved closer and cupped my cheek. "I'll always save you," he replied before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine.

"Now go to class," he ordered before giving me a wink.

I pouted and stepped away, heading into my classroom. Sitting down next to Chase, I looked over to see him doodling circles in the column of his notebook.

"Are you okay?" I asked Chase, worried.

As if waking up, he looked up startled. "Oh yeah, I'm fine, just got a wicked hangover," he replied before rubbing his eyes.

"I know that, but I'm also talking about me and your brother," I replied, feeling awkward for asking.

Chase waved it away. "I knew that's what you wanted and I'm glad I got to spend time with you, but James is obviously the one and who am I to stand in the way of true love?" Chase asked, shrugging his shoulders.

I reached across and took his hand. "You're amazing you know that?" I asked, giving him a sweet smile.

"Yeah, I know," he replied with a grin.

We worked together through the class and it finally felt like I had found a rhythm. I was focusing more, my parents weren't fighting as much, I had James as a boyfriend and Chase as a best friend and nothing could spoil my mood.

Except.

Well.

I forgot about the new girl.

You know. The one who had her tongue down James's throat.

She was staring at me with a frown on her face while I looked back at her confused. The slap from Chase and James joining me at the lunch table brought my attention to them as Chase laughed.

"What's going on?" I asked the hysterical brothers.

"James just slipped a whole bunch of French fries into Caitlyn's bag as she walked by, and I said 'oh look it's Ronald McDonald' cause Caitlyn's a clown" Chase explained while laughing.

James who had been taking a sip from his Coke, choked and it spat everywhere, making Chase howl with laughter.

I squeezed my lips shut, trying hard not to laugh as James wiped his chin and table. Slapping the table with his palm, Chase grinned. "God, I can't breathe," he rasped out.

His face was all red in the face and wiped his teary eyes. James rolled his eyes. "You're so dramatic Chase, Jesus."

I took a bite of my spring roll. "You're both dramatic," I replied, smiling.

Someone stood at our table and we all looked up to see the new girl. James shifted uncomfortably.
"Hey James," the girl said with a smile.

I looked down.

"Uh hi Kylie," James replied.

"I was just wondering if you wanted my number, we uh got interrupted at the pa-" she was saying before James cut her off.

"No thanks, I'm kind of in a relationship, sorry," he said quickly.

Her eyes widened. "Oh, I didn't know that, I'm sorry," she said immediately taking a step back.

"Oh no, I wasn't at the party, but I am now," James explained better.

Her face relaxed. "Oh good, I really don't want to cause a break up or something so that's good, and that's okay, I guess I'll see you around," she said before giving Chase and I, a head nod.

She moved away from the table and I looked over at Chase. "She's single?" Chase asked, giving James a serious look.

"You're not." James stated, half amused half horrified.

"Hey wait!" Chase exclaimed, moving from our table.

I burst out laughing as he ran after the new girl.

A/N

I think James was ready to tear Caitlyn a new one.
I think Christie was about to as well!

I think we'd all like her to punch Caitlyn.

Big news!
I have a new book on the way!
Its called 'God is a Woman' and it's about the really freaking hot guy.. I'm talking hell's flames don't have nothing on him and a girl who just moved to his town.
And she wants to be friends but he's not a 'friends' kinda guy.

Add it to your reading lists!
What did you think of this chapter?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, T xoxoxoxox