Chapter 14 - Freedom

Linnea Lindberg

"Isaac! We should go hiking sometimes!" I said as I found a really good hiking trail here in Norway.

"Hiking? You like hiking?" Isaac asked me with a completely confuse tone.

"Hey, I might be a Princess but I love nature." I said and he shook his head. He suddenly walked to me with tons of books in his hands.

"Read this.. It's good for your knowledge." He said and I hissed looking at the books in front of me.

"Come on, Isaac. It would be fun.. you've been working and working and working for 3 days straight. You didn't even hang out with me." I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Linnea, I love working.. now read those books." He said as he took one opening it and started reading it.

"I hate books, I don't want to read it. Let's go outside and just.. have a stroll. How about that?" I asked and Isaac shook his head.

"It's been a long time since I've read books so.. I will use my time today to read books." He said and I took his book away.

"Your girlfriend is here, why read your books?"

"So what? We can read together!"

"No.. How about we go out and drink? It's been a long time since I go to the bar." I said and he shook his head.

"Not a good idea, Linnea." He said as he took another book.

"Oh come on, it will be fun. How about we ride a bike around your neighbourhood?" I took his book again and he looked at me a little bis pissed.

"Let's read, Linnea. You should learn to read too! It's good for your knowledge once you be a Queen." He said in a slight annoyed tone.

"Fine.. If you don't want, I'll go out by myself." I said and I got up from my seat. I turned to him hoping that he would change his mind but no, he kept reading his book.

I walked out from his study room and go downstairs. My guards kept following me and I don't mind at all. I need to be safe all the time, I'm a Princess. I asked Isaac's maid if he has a bike. They told me he has and they took it out for me. I thanked them and I walked outside with it.

"Your Highness, I don't think it's a good idea." One of my guards said.

"I'll be fine, I have you guys right?" I smiled at them and they nodded. I put my phone into my hoodie pocket and started to ride my bike out his mansion.

I enjoyed the breeze because it's starting to get chilly in Norway. My boyguards started to call me out for riding my bike too fast. I decided to lose them because I'm sick being inside all the time. I want my freedom once in a while.

I started to speed up my bike and go off trail. I looked around to see beautiful trees and small houses around. I went to a small town or village there. I stopped my bike when I saw a beautiful lake. I went back off trail and stopped my bike to see the beautiful lake.

The beautiful view took my breath away. I got off my bike and took a lot of photos of the lake and the beautiful mountain behind it. I was speechless. I know Sweden is beautiful but I never knew Norway is just as beautiful.

I saw a hiking trail where some people going up. I checked on my phone and decided to go for a 20 minutes hike. I left the bike and started to go where a bunch of people go.

I walked there and asked one of the locals about the hiking trail. She said it's safe and within 30 minutes of hike, I can find a beautiful view of the lake. I thanked her and I decided to walk up.

I walked up to the hiking trail and the view already took my breath away as I was going up. I was so.. speechless to see this beauty in Norway.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I turned to see a guy probably my age standing beside me completely dressed in a sports attire. He brought his golden retriever dog.

"Yes.. and hello." I kneeled down to the dog.

"His name is.. Thunder."

"Hey Thunder.." I said as I patted Thunder because he's so cute.

"I'm Miller." He introduced himself and I stood up taking his hand.

"Linnea." I said smiling at him.

"You're new around here?"

"Yes, it's beautiful here."

"You need to go a little bit further to see the whole view." Miller said as he pointed up.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Norway is beautiful." I said as I looked at the view.

"I'm guessing that you just moved here."

"Not really moving here, I was just bored staying at my boyfriend's house so.." I said and I felt Thunder licked my hand. I turned to Thunder again and patted him.

"You're a cute little boy." I said as I hugged him.

"Your phone fell.." Miller said and I looked at the ground. Before I could take it, Thunder took it. Miller tried to take the phone from Thunder's mouth but Thunder was holding onto it.

"Thunder.. can you give it to me?" I asked as I looked at Thunder but he turned his head away. Miller took out a treat and Thunder dropped the phone immediately. I took it and quickly wiped his drool.

"Sorry." Miller apologized.

"It's okay." I said and I checked the time. I've been walking around more than 30 minutes. I have to go back to else they will send a search party.

"I have to go." I said.

"You won't go up?"

"Maybe next time." I said.

"Let me company you go back down." He offered and I shook my hand.

"No.. it's okay. I'm find going down alone." I said.

"It's okay besides Thunder likes you." Miller pointed and Thunder who were sitting beside my leg looking up to me.

"Okay then.. thankyou."