034

When I woke the next morning, Brianna was curled up on the end of the bed watching TV and Ebony was tossing and turning beside me.

"Ebony... if you don't stop rocking this mother fucking bed..." I grumbled, turning myself towards her.

"Wouldn't you be freaking?!" Ebony questioned. "What if he tells Malik? What if he tells Ashleigh..."

"Who cares about Ashleigh.." Brianna rolled her eyes. "Stupid bitch try to make me draw four... draw four my ass." Her voice began to fade off as she mumbled to herself.

"You wouldn't freak if you cheated on Dash?" Ebony questioned.

"I wouldn't cheat..."

It was true, I'd never cheat on Dash and not only because I love him but I know there's a reason why he's KJ's best friend... he's just as crazy as he is.

"What if Idrjs Elba busted in here dick swinging?" Brianna asked with a raised eyebrow. "And he's just calling you.... Kimmie....Kimmie.."

Ebony groaned covering her head with a pillow and I couldn't help but giggle.

"That's a definite but that isn't even fair...Dash is just going to have to accept that one."

"Exactly so KJ is Ebony's Idris an-"

"Anyone want breakfast?" Brianna was cut off by Aunt Toya shouting up the stairs. I could hear KJ's door opening along with my room door as Brianna shot out of it.

"Okay.... now that the clown is gone... don't feel so bad..." I rested my hand on her belly, rubbing it gently.

"I don't know what to do....."

"Don't say anything.... it was your baby shower and you two were getting along so well and I'm sure there's been tension between you two... it was kind of inevitable anyone could see that coming a mile away..."

"What about KJ? What if he says anything."

"I don't think he will... he likes having this upper hand on people, it's an internal joy. He'll see him, Malik thinking he has you all but KJ's had some... " I thought for a moment before continuing on. "It's all kind of sadistic actually but if anything I'll talk to him for you."

Ebony let out a breath and nodded. "Alright.... can I say something?"

"You've been saying a lot so why not pile that shit on."

"I missed it... the jokes, watching our show together, late night snacks he made me...kind of miss him."

"Hmmm?" My neck titled in confusion. "You guys had shows ? He made you food?"

"We watch ... Gotham together and yeah.. I told you it wasn't all bad stuff."

My lips pursued together trying to hide  the smile that was creeping on to my face. "Why not just get back together with him ?"

"I don't think he's pass the cheating..."

"I mean are you past it...? Hypocrite." She looked up at me with wide eyes.

"You just said t-"

"I know!" I shouted, cutting her off. "It was a joke... It will all be okay."

Ebony nodded, content with our conversation. At least that's how I'm taking her silence.

"I'm going to go downstairs and get some food..." She slid scooted to the edge of the bed before jumping down to the floor. "I love you Kimani... you're really my bestfriend."

"I love you too." I smiled, watching as she made her way to the door.

Once she was out of my room and I was finally alone. I fell back on to my bed closing my eyes for just a moment.